Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Ray (Rice) not expected to play

I assume Harbaugh discussed it with his players. It's usually a team decision, and I can't blame them for wanting a week to heal. This isn't like when Indy rested against the Jets. They weren't banged up to the degree we were. We need the rest. This team does better on rest.

Why risk Flacco getting smashed all game by Geno Atkins? At any rate I don't look at it as resting the starters so much as it is giving backups more playing time should they be needed in the playoffs.

I'm sure after the Giants game they're confident in what their offense can do now. This also might be a coaching advantage. Our staff is already familiar with what Pagano and Arians do. But now there's only going to be footage of 2 games of us under Caldwell with our starters.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Nope...you'd almost have NOBODY at WR. Reed and Deonte are the second stringers today. Let that sink in for a min...Reed has one career catch. Deonte...does he have any?
    I really don't care about stats and I don't think Harbs does either.

If you're going to sit all of the stars, they should go all the way. Can't afford Torrey getting more hurt than he already is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rpcfball View Post
    This makes me furious. We just came off a three game losing streak! The hot team wins in the playoffs and we're resting everyone? What if new england loses their game later on today? Terrible decision harbs, absolutely terrible
    Lewis, Suggs, Boldin, Ngata, Pollard, Yanda, and Doss all have injuries. Not sure what the problem is...I could see your argument if they were completely healthy.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Ray (Lewis)
    Suggs
    Q
    Doss
    Haloti
    Yanda
    BP (Pollard)
    all inactive
    I figured Suggs wasn't playing because he didn't say BEAST.MODE. on his Facebook page today.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    If we were a healthy team, I'd agree with you.

Hard to generate serious momentum when many of your star players are dinged up.

Getting healthy > Momentum.
    I could understand resting some d-lineman or something, but why rest the offensive starters? They're trying to get used to a new coordinator! I think we're hurting our playoff chances and am now very worried about Indianapolis

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    The Pats are playing a snow game vs Dolphins.

Pats in the snow usually makes them Madden Rookie Level blowouts.

I would bet you 50 dollars the Pats win today EASY.
    You never know. How would you feel if they lost and we gave our game away?

I think we are over thinking this...
    Why play our starters hard against a team in a pointless game, when we may play them 6 days from now? Why show our weapons.... Let the bengals get uses to our backups so when our starters are in next week they are faster etc.

Either way we will have momentum to start the game...

Blog Entries

I could understand resting some d-lineman or something, but why rest the offensive starters? They're trying to get used to a new coordinator! I think we're hurting our playoff chances and am now very worried about Indianapolis
    For one we need Yanda as healthy as possible for Flacco to be able to stay upright. Also, I wouldn't want to see Boldin or Doss get injured worse in a meaningless game. We need them to be as healthy as possible for the playoffs.

To stay healthy.

And yes, we have a new OC but its still Cams system till next year.

Blog Entries

You never know. How would you feel if they lost and we gave our game away?
    Meh.

You go from playing the Colts to playing the Bengals. And if you win, more likely that you play the Broncos, not the Texans. Either way, it's as tough, no real advantage unless Pats and Ravens are AFC Champ game again.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

This is where I am. I get resting Ngata, Suggs, and Lewis. But to trot out there after the offensive struggles we had this season and basically go into the playoffs on another potential loss? How does this build any momentum?And if you are going to sit Yanda, at this point you may has well sit Flacco. You want Jah Reid and Bobby Williams trying to protect him today? Forget the problems Gino Atkins would pose for a good OL. Again, I get resting the defense. I am not in favor of resting all the offense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    @RussellStReport: Rumors swirling that Flacco will get significant time next to Ray Rice on the bench today in Cincy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is what I've been expecting all week. Nothing to gain by playing them and frankly nothing to gain by winning

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!