Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ray (Rice) not expected to play

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    I agree Cincy...I guess it doesn't have the dramatic playoff implications like some of the other games. But, it is a divisional game and it will be fun to watch our respective teams anyway! Congrats on your team making the playoffs...it was nice to see your guys knock the Squeelers out of contention this year. In fact, it was pretty friggin' sweet.
    A victory over Pittsburgh is like "Chicken Soup for the Soul". Makes you feel good all over. :happyanim

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    @RussellStReport: Rumors swirling that Flacco will get significant time next to Ray Rice on the bench today in Cincy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, I don't agree with resting starters before the playoffs as that never seems to work out for teams, but if you are going to rest Ray Rice you may as well rest Flacco and the rest of the starters with him.

I can assure you that Tom Brady will be playing all four quarters of his "meaningless" game and trying hard to stay hot.

Ngata out also

Very smart. The Ravens are no dummies.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Well, I don't agree with resting starters before the playoffs as that never seems to work out for teams, but if you are going to rest Ray Rice you may as well rest Flacco and the rest of the starters with him.

I can assure you that Tom Brady will be playing all four quarters of his "meaningless" game and trying hard to stay hot.
    Patriots have more to play for. They still have an outside shot at a bye.

@RussellStReport: Rumors swirling that Flacco will get significant time next to Ray Rice on the bench today in Cincy.
    Okay, this kind of pisses me off. I thought this was a game they still wanted to win. Not to mention it would be nice to see if our guys kept up the momentum from last week. I get that we need to rest people for the playoffs but sometimes they have shown it makes them rusted, not rested. I don't feel real good about Flacco sitting on the bench today unless we have a pretty solid lead. Just MHO

I'm definitely not in favor of resting offensive starters today. We need momentum heading into the playoffs. This offense is not built to turn it off for one week and fire it up the next. We should have all hands on deck.

I agree with edgecrusher. Caldwell will be calling his first road game since becoming OC. You would think this would need to be a huge tune-up for the offense to get itself moving for the playoffs.

Blog Entries

I thnk there is no issue sitting only rice on offense with bpierce getting reps and the rest of the pieces in it may even challenge the playcalling and decision making a bit more.

That said on one or two series he is hardly likely to get injured.... Oh wait. But I would really like to see him at least dressed for morale standpoint, like we are trying to win.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I agree with edgecrusher. Caldwell will be calling his first road game since becoming OC. You would think this would need to be a huge tune-up for the offense to get itself moving for the playoffs.
    I disagree. Flacco would be the one getting "tuned up" against that pass rush (I say this thinking that Yanda is sitting as well).

Funny, I am sitting here with my 4 year old son and he said "look that's Phineas and Ferb, but the evil one". Is that right?

This game has no meaning to the Ravens at all. It is basically a bye. They have been gameplanning for Indy, not the Bengals whom they know. The Ravens under Harbaugh are perfect after a bye and should treat it as one, this team needs a rest. Let all your deep bench players play the lionshare and give a few not important starters down the food chain get reps. Good way to see what those players can do and gives you more evaluation of those guys heading into the draft and offseason.

Blog Entries
    @AdamSchefter: Last second change with the Ravens. Ravens running back Ray Rice is active and is going to play a series or two.

@AdamSchefter: Last second change with the Ravens. Ravens running back Ray Rice is active and is going to play a series or two.

This is what I expected today