Harrison Smith/Ed Reed

I've seen a lot of Minnesota games recently and I see this guy constantly making plays, he's a beast. Too bad the Ravens didn't get this guy in the 2012 draft, he would've been an awesome heir to Ed Reed.

Re: Harrison Smith/Ed Reed

He's been very good this year, especially in run support. He would have been a great draft pick for us.

The only caveat is that in Minnesota's Cover-2, he's usually only asked to defend one side of the field. We run a lot of Cover-1, which would ask him to cover more ground, and I'm not sure about his range.

Great player, though. Hopefully we can land a real talent at free safety in this year's draft.

The pick we traded to Minnesota was used for him.

Can't say I'm not happy though with how we managed the draft - without that trade we may not have Bernard Pierce and/or Kelechi Osemele.

Blog Entries
    He would help the team get more penalties at least

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    The pick we traded to Minnesota was used for him.

Can't say I'm not happy though with how we managed the draft - without that trade we may not have Bernard Pierce and/or Kelechi Osemele.
    Um, that trade got us Upshaw...Without the trade, let's say we take Harrison. Upshaw isn't around for our 2nd round pick, so we most likely still pick KO.

Can you imagine how our OLBs would've looked this year WITHOUT Upshaw?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!