Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens wild card game scheduled for Saturday Jan 5 at 8PM?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    I think the NFL will give Brady and the Patriots the Saturday game. This way they'll have an extra day's rest for the divisional game the following week.
    Nah.. the NFL wants the best ratings game at 4 PM on Sunday. And that = Brady. The only possible thing that could unseat the Pats playing on Sunday would be the Cowboys getting in as NFC East champ and playing at home. Then you *might* see the Pats on Saturday night instead of Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    what do you hope he is wrong about? that it was a glitch and the time isnt set?
    The time isn't set. If you prefer a Saturday night game at 8PM I can assure you that you are part of a minority. I'm sure the majority of fans would much rather have a 4:00PM on Saturday or 1:00PM on Sunday game.

What say ye Ravens fans. Are you enamored with an 8PM Satuday night game??

Blog Entries

I'm hoping for a 4pm Saturday game.

Quote Originally Posted by Poeboy View Post
    The time isn't set. If you prefer a Saturday night game at 8PM I can assure you that you are part of a minority. I'm sure the majority of fans would much rather have a 4:00PM on Saturday or 1:00PM on Sunday game.

What say ye Ravens fans. Are you enamored with an 8PM Satuday night game??
    Sunday @1 for me!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

I could careless what day they play or what time, hell 8 am works for me. I just want them to win!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Ahh.. you're right.. Well then, we are definitely playing on Saturday.. Because you know Brady is getting the late slot on Sunday and their wouldn't be 2 AFC games on the same day.
    The only problem with that theory is that would mean san fran would have to play on saturday along with the ravens, which means NFL would have to put RG3 at 1pm sunday. I think they want a prime spot for him. I think we are getting 1pm sunday, with skins at 4pm sunday. Sat 430 will be san fran and sat 8pm will be the golden boy brady .. just my guess..

Blog Entries

I'll take a night game so the kid is in bed and I can watch uninterrupted.

Saturday or Sunday doesn't matter.

Blog Entries

In looking at the Sports media website and Fox and CBS schedules, it appears NBC will televise the Saturday games, CBS the early Sunday game and Fox the late Sunday game. Not sure this is set in stone, but it seems to imply the NFC will have the later game on Sunday.

Given that the NFC seems to have the tougher travel requirements (Seattle traveling to DC or Dallas) that makes sense.

SF could play at home either time on Saturday since the earliest game on Saturday is 4PM. But it would be a real disadvantage to Chicago (or any other team ) to have to travel to the West Coast for a Saturday game.

I am also not sure if our game is attractive for ratings purposes. Baltimore and Indy are not the most attractive markets from a ratings standpoint, but Chuck Pagano's story is so compelling NBC and the NFL may want that game in primetime.

I guess they could show Brady and the Pats on Sunday at 1.

As for preferences I am hoping for a game in the snow. Don't think Indy can handle the elements outdoors.

Quote Originally Posted by ed from Bel Air View Post
    In looking at the Sports media website and Fox and CBS schedules, it appears NBC will televise the Saturday games, CBS the early Sunday game and Fox the late Sunday game. Not sure this is set in stone, but it seems to imply the NFC will have the later game on Sunday.
    That's what I think they'll do. I've got a feeling that there might be a formula to playoff scheduling, it's not just about throwing the most glamorous game for night time or for the conspirational, making it the easiest for the league's best team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Nah.. the NFL wants the best ratings game at 4 PM on Sunday. And that = Brady. The only possible thing that could unseat the Pats playing on Sunday would be the Cowboys getting in as NFC East champ and playing at home. Then you *might* see the Pats on Saturday night instead of Sunday.
    If that is true, the best ratings game of the first round - assuming things stay as they are right now - is Washington/Seattle with Griffin and Wilson going against each other. Those two have dominated media coverage for the second half of the season and I just don't see the NFL putting a NE/CIN game on in their best slot over that game. Brady is a huge draw no doubt, but nobody cares about the Bengals. The only way that changes is if we win and the Patriots lose, making it a Brady/Luck matchup.

Then again, my post here is probably all for nothing because I think Dallas is winning tonight anyway, so no Redskins/Seahawks game.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Just got an email from stub hub... My tickets haven't shipped yet. Oh I hate anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by batman55 View Post
    Just got an email from stub hub... My tickets haven't shipped yet. Oh I hate anxiety.
    Two words ....

Instant Download.