Tickets for Today's Game ~ Lower Level $40

Great support in the Queen City, eh? Or is this what the NFL can expect from a near meaningless game? Imagine what might happen if they extend to an 18 game season.

LINK
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: Tickets for Today's Game ~ Lower Level $40

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    is this what the NFL can expect from a near meaningless game? Imagine what might happen if they extend to an 18 game season.
    I disagree with your logic, Tony. First off, who's to say that there would be more "meangless games"? The games become "meaningless" when playoff berths and slots get finalized. Typically by the 15th and sixteenth games. I don't see why they would not be wrapped up until the 17th and 18th games. It would seem to me that we would be getting two additional weeks of meaningful football (three if a 2nd bye is added ) rather than the meaningless 3rd & 4th exhibitions.

As to empty seats: look up into our stands as to the no-shows for the two home exhibition games. Even if the final home game in a 17 or 18 game season is a dud, there would likely be greater attendance than the 2nd home exhibition game.

I still think we will wind up with a 17 game season, 2 exhibition games, a stadium scrimmage, an extra bye wek, expanded rosters. This would add two weeks to network programming. If the 17th game is played at a neutral site (LA, London, Toronto, San Antonio), fans would have their pockets pockets picked for mandatory full-priced home exhibitions only once, still get 8 home games, and fans at neutral cities get to see live NFL action.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

I went to cincy a few years ago and sat in section 156 row 8 for $22 per ticket. After 2008 tickets got very cheap there

Great support in the Queen City, eh? Or is this what the NFL can expect from a near meaningless game? Imagine what might happen if they extend to an 18 game season.

LINK
    They sure love their Bengals in Cincy! I see the same deals on Stub Hub right now. In fact the cheapest tickets are $8 each. Prices like this on the secondary market would never happen in Baltimore for a Ravens regular season game, even for a meaningless game like today.

That doesn't make sense. In an 18-game season, a game like today would be VERY meaningful (in that the AFC North would still be up for grabs).