Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Justin Tucker most valuable kicker per Football Outsiders

Mentioned in a discussion of Pro Bowl snubs http://footballoutsiders.com/extra-p...ncement-thread

Finally, Justin Tucker got totally and royally screwed. I know the Pro Bowl is somewhat meaningless, and nobody cares about the kickers, but Justin Tucker is the best kicker in the NFL this year by an absurd margin, No. 2 in FG value behind Janikowski (and ahead of Phil Dawson because his kickers have come from farther away) and No. 1 in kickoff value. Dawson over Tucker is an embarassment.
    I knew Tucker was having a great season but I didn't realize he graded out as the league's best kicker, even ahead of Blair Walsh who is 9-9 from 50+.

Blog Entries

Re: Justin Tucker most valuable kicker per Football Outsiders

Tuck wouldn't be able to make it anyway. He'll be preparing for Maximus.

Tucker has been terrific, but I was shocked he graded so high.
    He adds real value to our rookie class this year.

Not a big deal. Dawson was perfect except for one kick that got blocked and he has more from 50+ than Tucker.

Besides, Cleveland needs something to cheer about so I'm willing to throw a bone to the...

(•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

...dog pound.

I'm so glad we kept Tucker over Cundiff.

Quote Originally Posted by mjones73 View Post
    Me too.... I was worried on Sunday. He got clocked on a kick return in the second quarter.

7. Re: Justin Tucker most valuable kicker per Football Outsiders

Tucker is so cool under pressure too. He really handles himself well and he handles the pressure well. He's done a remarkable job and I'm very happy that they didn't stick it out with Cundiff.

I still can't believe Cundiff was even brought in to camp to compete for the job. Worse then that, after everything we saw and heard all preseason and training camp there was still some that would prefer the known(bad) quantity over the unproven rook...

They paid enough for him, no point in not keeping him around until you know you have a replacement. No one considered Tucker a real challenger for the job except the coaches when he first came in.

10. Re: Justin Tucker most valuable kicker per Football Outsiders

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    They paid enough for him, no point in not keeping him around until you know you have a replacement. No one considered Tucker a real challenger for the job except the coaches when he first came in.
    I am not a coach or insider, but I did
    http://russellstreetreport.com/forum...tor#post475104

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    If the Ravens cut Tucker or place him on the practice squad, he's as good as gone. Someone's going to pick him up quicker than roaches bolt when the lights turn on in the middle of the night..

Mark Zinno on 105.7 the Fan said he's never kicked with the pressure while playing in front of thousands of NFL fans But didn't he play in the S.E.C. in front of over 100,000 fans in Texas?

And what if Cundiff misses an easy FG, some fans (I am one of them) are going to be pissed! Give the kid a chance and know that he's going to miss a few, but that's OK, there are going to be growing pains...However, you never know, we may have our next Matt Stover

It's finally nice to have somebody who is consistant, and can hit the 50+ yarders. Obviously we haven't had any consistancy since Stover, but even when Stover we here, we had no confidence in him for anything upper 40's or longer.

Aren't we all!!!!