Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

Blog Entries

Re: Black Monday

Rob Ryan reportedly to the Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Who on god's green earth would ever consider giving up a first or second rounder for Tebow?

He won't cost more than a 6th or 7th.
    I could see a high 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

Blog Entries

My point was that if the owner and company made it known "THIS is our guy, we are staking our entire plan on getting him", Jets could try to run up his value. By playing it cool, it doesn't put any "pressure" on them to go get him.

I still say they trade for him eventually.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    I could see a high 2nd, 3rd and 4th.
    The Jets didn't pay anything close to that last year and that way after Tebow came off a magical season. Why would someone be willing to pay more now for a guy who couldn't beat out a 3rd string QB?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Rob Ryan reportedly to the Rams.
    Ryan is denying it. He's been on vacation and says he hasn't spoken to anyone. I wish these reporters would get some confirmation before they run with these stories.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    I think Cam could be a great stabilizer for Sanchez. That's all that kid needs at the moment. Someone to come in, give him an easily digested playbook, let him throw some easy sideline routes, and minimize his turnovers.

Calm down his happy feet and cut down on all the reads he has to make.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cam is a very good option if you want a steady, simple offense. I think he'd be very good in New York.
    Cam is good at establishing an offense. He did it when he got here in 08 with Harbaugh. Cam's issue is like what you said, his offense is too simple and he's not a great play caller.

Blog Entries

Dick Juron likely not being retained by Browns. That guy is a helluva DC in a 4-3

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Dick Juron likely not being retained by Browns. That guy is a helluva DC in a 4-3
    The Chudzinski hire is off to a bad start, as far as I'm concerned. Jauron was doing a great job with their defense--good numbers all across the board, perfectly good scheme, and they didn't have any glaring deficiencies at any position group or anything.

The only reasons an HC would fire a coordinator who was doing a good job are all non-football related. The Browns don't have the personnel for a 3-4 at all, I bet Chud either has a buddy he really wants to give a job or he feels threatened by Jauron, who has HC experience and has probably forgotten more about football than Chudzinski has ever known.

Blog Entries

I think Cam could be a great stabilizer for Sanchez. That's all that kid needs at the moment. Someone to come in, give him an easily digested playbook, let him throw some easy sideline routes, and minimize his turnovers.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cam is a very good option if you want a steady, simple offense. I think he'd be very good in New York.
    Mark Sanchez has one of the weakest arms in football, Cam's all about going deep. There is no way Sanchez would do well in Cams system with the throws he'd be asked to make.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Mark Sanchez has one of the weakest arms in football, Cam's all about going deep. There is no way Sanchez would do well in Cams system with the throws he'd be asked to make.
    but it would be fun to watch ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Cam Cameron's offense is literally the worst possible fit for Sanchez. Cam's offense is all about making stick throws deep and to the sidelines into tiny windows. It's the most arm-intensive offensive system in the entire NFL and Sanchez has an incredibly mediocre arm. I absolutely cannot think of anything worse for Sanchez than asking him to stand in the pocket, wait for receivers to uncover on isolation routes, and throw bullets.

The best fit for Sanchez would be a timing-based WCO where he gets the ball out quick and on rhythm, but I doubt he has the intelligence and accuracy for that offense to really work. Alex Smith shined in that system but he had the accuracy and smarts Sanchez doesn't. The bottom line is that there's not much anyone can do with Sanchez. He sucks.

Blog Entries

Apparently the Eagles interviewed Billick.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.