Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

Blog Entries

Re: Black Monday

So the Browns say they're going to make a big splash, target Chip Kelly, Gruden, and end up with Chud? The guy Cam Newton beotched about? wow....

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    So the Browns say they're going to make a big splash, target Chip Kelly, Gruden, and end up with Chud? The guy Cam Newton beotched about? wow....
    :word

More like they "wanted" to make a big splash, but none of the big time coaches wanted to go there.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Jimmy Johnson tweeted that the Bears have hired Marc Trestman.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Jimmy Johnson tweeted that the Bears have hired Marc Trestman.
    Everywhere Trestman has gone it seems the team has broken records in yardage and points. It seems pretty clear the management there wants an offensive system to compete with the Packers. It should be interesting...

Blog Entries

Anyone see David Caldwell's speech when he was introduced as new GM of Jaguars? Guess the owner is still not getting Tebow. Order more tarps

"I can't imagine a scenario where he would be a Jacksonville Jaguar," Caldwell said.

Blog Entries

Anyone see David Caldwell's speech when he was introduced as new GM of Jaguars? Guess the owner is still not getting Tebow. Order more tarps
    That was hilarious. He might get a slap on the wrist for that because teams aren't allowed to talk about other team's players.

Blog Entries

I bet about 5 minutes after that meeting, Khan pulled him into a closed door meeting and said "BULL SHIT, you get Tebow NOW!"

Actually, I have no problem with what he said. If you go out and declare your interest like that, Tebow has all the leverage in the world. They have to try to make sure he can't demand the world from them, and given their dismal ticket sales and his legend in FL, he's already got them over a barrell.

Is his contract up, or does he have one more year? That could be another thing, don't want to give new Jets GM a chance to stick you for a 1st or 2nd rounder for Tebow.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I bet about 5 minutes after that meeting, Khan pulled him into a closed door meeting and said "BULL SHIT, you get Tebow NOW!"

Actually, I have no problem with what he said. If you go out and declare your interest like that, Tebow has all the leverage in the world. They have to try to make sure he can't demand the world from them, and given their dismal ticket sales and his legend in FL, he's already got them over a barrell.

Is his contract up, or does he have one more year? That could be another thing, don't want to give new Jets GM a chance to stick you for a 1st or 2nd rounder for Tebow.
    No one...not even the Jags...would be willing to give up a 1st or 2nd rounder for Tebow.

Maybe...and I do mean maybe...a 4th rounder.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Maybe...and I do mean maybe...a 4th rounder.
    That's very optimistic. I doubt any team would really get Tebow to be a starting QB.

Blog Entries

Jets are likely to cut Tebow outright now. It would be funny if this was a smokescreen by the Jags and they pick him up for nothing. It would sure fill the seats there but they would need to run the zone/read and stop trying to make him something that he's not.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1238034

It looks like Lovie Smith is on his way to San Diego to interview

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-to-san-diego/

Blog Entries

Jets are likely to cut Tebow outright now. It would be funny if this was a smokescreen by the Jags and they pick him up for nothing. It would sure fill the seats there but they would need to run the zone/read and stop trying to make him something that he's not.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1238034
    They don't have any better options and I hate to say this, but there really aren't many great QB options in this draft either.

If I were Jax, I'd cut Gabbertand draft Ryan Nassib, Tajh Boyd, or Zac Dyssert to compete with Henne in camp next year.

I would approach Tebow and tell him that if he were willing to be a back up QB, but compete for a starting spot as an h-back/TE/WR type of role then the Jags would be very interested. Think about it...the Jags have very little in the play maker department outside of Justin Blackmon. I don't think that Tebow is going to all of a sudden learn how to block and run pristine routes, but he's big (6'3" 235-240lbs), he runs well, he's athletic, and he's hard as hell to take down. I think if the Jags adopted Tebow in the same capacity that the Patriots are using Aaron Hernandez, then he could develop into a decent slash player.