Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

Re: Black Monday

Scott Pioli is out in KC ....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Scott Pioli is out in KC ....
    Which could likely mean that Andy Reid is in.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Which could likely mean that Andy Reid is in.
    I think it's a mortal lock that Reid is in now.

This will be very telling for Reid and his career. He's going to have total control now.

Blog Entries

This will be very telling for Reid and his career. He's going to have total control now.
    My bet is he already has Pat Shurmur on the books as his OC.

Cue the "Vick to the Chiefs" rumors, haha.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Reid cancelled his interview with Arizona and extended his stay in KC. He's definitely signing with KC. THey are probably just hammering out the contract.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Reid cancelled his interview with Arizona and extended his stay in KC. He's definitely signing with KC. THey are probably just hammering out the contract.
    The Chiefs officially fired Pioli too which means this is definitely going down.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    So now Reid gets total control. I don't know if that's a good thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    So now Reid gets total control. I don't know if that's a good thing.
    Glad I'm not a Chiefs fan.

KC should fall into place very quickly.

Reid as HC, Mornhinwheg or Shurmur as OC, Castillo as OL coach, probably Brad Childress as QB coach. If Lovie doesn't get a HC gig he could easily step in as DC, if Ron Rivera gets booted from Carolina he's also a DC candidate. If Reid has his way there's your coaching staff, albeit an expensive one.

Say what you will about those guys but all of them are proven assistants. With that coaching staff and a good draft class that includes at least a decent rookie QB, Kansas City could easily challenge Denver for the division next year, or a wild card spot at a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    My thoughts exactly..time to enter in a new era I guess but I hope for the sake of the fanbase they don't botch the #1 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    My thoughts exactly..time to enter in a new era I guess but I hope for the sake of the fanbase they don't botch the #1 pick.
    The Chiefs have one of the most talented rosters in the NFL outside of the QB position. They have a near championship-caliber defense, good OL, excellent RB, and good cap space to further improve the team.

They're a couple players away from serious playoff contention. If Geno Smith pans out at all, they re-sign Branden Albert, and add a little help in the draft at WR, CB, and DL, they will be fine. Their problem has been that since 2010 they haven't even gotten mediocre play out of their QBs, all they need is a signal caller who doesn't make a ton of mistakes and gets the ball to his playmakers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    The Chiefs have one of the most talented rosters in the NFL outside of the QB position. They have a near championship-caliber defense, good OL, excellent RB, and good cap space to further improve the team.

They're a couple players away from serious playoff contention. If Geno Smith pans out at all, they re-sign Branden Albert, and add a little help in the draft at WR, CB, and DL, they will be fine. Their problem has been that since 2010 they haven't even gotten mediocre play out of their QBs, all they need is a signal caller who doesn't make a ton of mistakes and gets the ball to his playmakers.
    The Chiefs have no depth. They have some exciting starters but nothing behind them. Now they have to worry about paying some of those starters too who are going into their 2nd contracts. I doubt they franchise Bowe again and it's going to take a lot of selling to get him to resign. Charles and Flowers are the only key players they really have under contract for any length of time. I also love their starting roster but I'm not sure how they're going to be able to keep it together.