Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

Re: Black Monday

Reid to the Chiefs is now being reported as "imminent". Guess Andy didn't want to take any time off...

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I would even say maybe Marty Mornigwheg since he has experience with Kevin Kolb.
    Marty Morninheg is a lousy OC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Reid to the Chiefs is now being reported as "imminent". Guess Andy didn't want to take any time off...
    Nah, he said that weeks ago. Everyone thought he could USE some time off to get his family in order, but he knows coaching and he wanted to keep doing it.

With the number of openings, this could really start the dominoes falling.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Marty Morninheg is a lousy OC.
    So was Todd Haley. What's yer point?

Mine, in case you missed it :) , was that Ray Horton SHOULD be promoted and the Cards might be interested in going after an OC who has experience with Kolb. Morninwheg fits that bill and probably wouldn't be too expensive. That situation would be a hell of a lot cheaper than Andy Reid. Furthermore, losing Ray Horton would be a huge loss for the Cardinals. Their D is pretty solid.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    So was Todd Haley. What's yer point?

Mine, in case you missed it :) , was that Ray Horton SHOULD be promoted and the Cards might be interested in going after an OC who has experience with Kolb. Morninwheg fits that bill and probably wouldn't be too expensive. That situation would be a hell of a lot cheaper than Andy Reid. Furthermore, losing Ray Horton would be a huge loss for the Cardinals. Their D is pretty solid.
    My point is pretty clear that Morningwheg is a lousy OC.
    So, while promoting Horton is fine, bringing in Marty is stupid.

I know Harbaugh is not the perfect coach, but he's good enough.

I can't imagine being a Browns, Bills or Eagles fan that is about to throw the keys to kingdom to Chip Kelly. You have zero idea if he will make a good coach or not.

Big news for fans of the Saints offense...their OC, Pete Carmicheal had his contract expire and is free to sign with whoever

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    I know Harbaugh is not the perfect coach, but he's good enough.

I can't imagine being a Browns, Bills or Eagles fan that is about to throw the keys to kingdom to Chip Kelly. You have zero idea if he will make a good coach or not.
    And Kelly has teams competing for him; he's gonna get paid! Something tells me Oregon will try to score 70 tonight

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Big news for fans of the Saints offense...their OC, Pete Carmicheal had his contract expire and is free to sign with whoever

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
    Interesting...
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Per Shefter ...

From @mortreport and me: Chiefs on verge of a deal with Andy Reid. One source said “the major issues have been discussed and agreed upon.”
    Hmmm...Bowe would be the big (non-major pain-in-the-ass) receiver that Reid never had. Odds of them resigning him have shifted, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Aw shucks now

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Hmmm...Bowe would be the big (non-major pain-in-the-ass) receiver that Reid never had. Odds of them resigning him have shifted, I'd say.
    I don't like Bowe a whole lot, but he's definitely a very good fit in Reid's WCO.

If I'm Andy Reid taking over the Chiefs... he could easily totally turn around their offense this offseason. They've got plenty of cap space so I'd resign Dwayne Bowe and Branden Albert both. Take Geno Smith with your 1st pick (hopefully you can move down a bit and get him without using the 1st overall pick), draft Stedman Bailey to keep playing with Geno...

Andy Reid could do a lot with Geno Smith, Jamaal Charles, Dwayne Bowe, Stedman Bailey, and Tony Moeaki. All of those guys are REALLY good fits for his offense and with his track record of getting the most out of quarterbacks... they could pull a real turnaround next year.