Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Can we get Crennel in here? Pretty please?
    I would be cool with that. I always liked him as a DC.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Apparently the Chargers are gunning for Gruden.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    I don't see Gruden going back to coaching. He's got it too good.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Yup the Gruden rumors are for publicity

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Re: Black Monday

Looking at all of this firing madness makes me realize how spoiled we are.

Playoffs 5 straight years. No other team can claim that. True, no SB's in those years, but there are about 28 other franchises that would kill just to have such consistency in reaching the playoffs.

Only 1 team can win anyway, and how valuable is a SB win really when a 9-7 team can get in, play well for 3 games, and win on one lucky ass pass? Seriously, SB's can be won in some pretty stupid ways. It is one game. The point is to always be in a position to get to that game, and we know anything can happen in one game of football.

You see teams like Buffalo that just seem to have a turnstile for coaches coming in and out. They are never building toward anything, just constantly rebuilding.

Harbaugh will never be confused for an offensive or defensive "genius" like you see some of these other guys get labelled (some of the same guys are looking for a job right now). But he does seem to be a pretty good leader of men. Of course having some great talent makes any coach look better, but there are plenty of teams that have some good talent yet fail year after year.

So when we nitpick Harbaugh's stupid challenges and such, just take a second to think about how good we really have it. There are some really bad teams out there. Not just their W/L's. But culturally some of these teams just seem lost, stuck in perennial loser-ville.

Plus we always have our domination in our lone SB win to always hang our hats on. Teams that have been around much longer than the Ravens don't even have that.

Can you imagine being a Lion's fan?:bag:
    Last edited by bt12483; 01-01-2013 at 05:35 PM.

Blog Entries

Twitter rumors saying Reid and Heckert already signed on to go to AZ.

Reid/Kolb reunion. Maybe they think Reid can make Kolb an NFL QB again. Or at the very least remind him to just throw the damn ball to that guy named Larry.

Imagine if Flacco had a guy like Larry...

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post

Playoffs 5 straight years. No other team can claim that. True, no SB's in those years, but there are about 28 other franchises that would kill just to have such consistency in reaching the playoffs.

Only 1 team can win anyway, and how valuable is a SB win really when a 9-7 team can get in, play well for 3 games, and win on one lucky ass pass? Seriously, SB's can be won in some pretty stupid ways. It is one game. The point is to always be in a position to get to that game, and we know anything can happen in one game of football.

You see teams like Buffalo that just seem to have a turnstile for coaches coming in and out. They are never building toward anything, just constantly rebuilding.

Harbaugh will never be confused for an offensive or defensive "genius" like you see some of these other guys get labelled (some of the same guys are looking for a job right now). But he does seem to be a pretty good leader of men. Of course having some great talent makes any coach look better, but there are plenty of teams that have some good talent yet fail year after year.

So when we nitpick Harbaugh's stupid challenges and such, just take a second to think about how good we really have it. There are some really bad teams out there. Not just their W/L's. But culturally some of these teams just seem lost, stuck in perennial loser-ville.

Plus we always have our domination in our lone SB win to always hang our hats on. Teams that have been around much longer than the Ravens don't even have that.

I was just thinking yesterday how it's been so long for us Ravens fans since the end of the season has meant no more Raven's football. Honestly, for all the hate our D has gotten this year, they've looked god the last few weeks, even against Manning until Joe blew it. I'll take us against anyone in the post season. Hell, if I was Marvin Lewis, I would have been ripping my starters a new one at half time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    I was just thinking yesterday how it's been so long for us Ravens fans since the end of the season has meant no more Raven's football. Honestly, for all the hate our D has gotten this year, they've looked god the last few weeks, even against Manning until Joe blew it. I'll take us against anyone in the post season. Hell, if I was Marvin Lewis, I would have been ripping my starters a new one at half time.
    I am wishing on a star our D gets healthy at the right time (which it seems may be the case) and goes on a rampage in the playoffs.

A toss back to the old swarming, turnover creating D we have seen over the years.

We seem to be clicking in certain areas...Brown has looked really good, Graham has been solid, Kruger keeps stepping up. Ellerbee coming back and instantly being productive.

If we can get Suggs and Ngata and Ray back, and Smith can earn his draft pick status (like he looked like he was on track to doing in last year's playoffs), we could do some damage, even against guys like Brady and maybe even Manning if we are super lucky. I mean, if now isn't the time to exercise the Manning demon I don't know when is. That bastard has owned us. We all know he isn't the best playoff QB anyway.

Twitter rumors saying Reid and Heckert already signed on to go to AZ.

Reid/Kolb reunion. Maybe they think Reid can make Kolb an NFL QB again. Or at the very least remind him to just throw the damn ball to that guy named Larry.

Imagine if Flacco had a guy like Larry...
    KTVK in Phoenix first reported that Andy Reid and the Cardinals are close to a deal.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Blog Entries

The goal isn't to get to the playoffs every year. Call it spoiled if you want but I don't see why the Ravens fans should be aiming lower than the Steelers, Giants and Patriots fans do. That doesn't mean you fire Harbaugh but it does mean he should be criticized.

The goal as I have interpreted Stevie to say is to not experience consecutive playoff misses, or worse, major roster rebuilds.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

The goal is to win the Super Bowl. They've all said that many times.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The goal isn't to get to the playoffs every year. Call it spoiled if you want but I don't see why the Ravens fans should be aiming lower than the Steelers, Giants and Patriots fans do. That doesn't mean you fire Harbaugh but it does mean he should be criticized.
    Some people don't understand criticism. "He sucks" isn't criticism. "He'll never be [insert some "observation" here]" isn't criticism.