Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

Re: Black Monday

PFT says Browns hire Chudzinski...

Didn't see that coming.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Cowboys targeting Monte Kiffin for their DC. I can see some reasons why; he is the anti- Rob Ryan. Doesn't want to be a HC, won't make bold statements, etc. His D is pretty basic but effective.
    They have a lot of components that would work well in Kiffin's Tampa-2 D.

Imagine what Kiffin could do with Ware. Simeon Rice was a force in Kiffin's D.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post

Didn't see that coming.
    Wow, really? Carolina's offense was quite unspectacular this season.

I bet that most of the candidates they targeted first didn't want to go to Cleveland. Even with a new owner, that franchise is tainted. Jimmy Haslam has his work cut out for him if he wants to turn that franchise around.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Wow, really? Carolina's offense was quite unspectacular this season.

I bet that most of the candidates they targeted first didn't want to go to Cleveland. Even with a new owner, that franchise is tainted. Jimmy Haslam has his work cut out for him if he wants to turn that franchise around.
    I don't know what the source is, but a lot of the commenters on the PFT article think Norv Turner is going to be the Browns OC for some reason... if so, also one I'd not have predicted.

Blog Entries

Didn't see that coming.

I said from the beginning the Browns job was awful and that they wouldn't get anyone of note. The fact that the ended up with Chudzinski just shows that. They should have kept Shurmur.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Norv's perfect for Cleveland. He could carry on the tradition established by Marty...

Didn't see that coming.
    Well, at least he's an Ohio boy and a lifelong Browns fan. A bad franchise like that, I guess you should at least hire someone who actually cares about the team.

I seem to remember his name coming up briefly as a candidate here after Brian was canned. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else, though.

Blog Entries

Annnnndddd....the Browns hire Norv Turner as their offensive coordinator.

:wtf:

Why would he go there? I guess the Ravens must not have been too interested in the guy.

Why would he go there? I guess the Ravens must not have been too interested in the guy.
    To work with his buddy, Chudzinski was Norv's assistant head coach from 2009-2010. I'm kind of relieved. I didn't want him to come here

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post

I said from the beginning the Browns job was awful and that they wouldn't get anyone of note. The fact that the ended up with Chudzinski just shows that. They should have kept Shurmur.
    Chudzinksi is no stranger to the Browns, this will be his 3rd time employed with the team

Blog Entries

Could be mutual. Remember, Norv said he wanted to go somewhere with coaches he was familiar with. Chud was a TE coach under Norv, they are at least partially buddies. Plus, I'm sure he'll get an AHC title and the mandate to help Chud get ready for the NFL HC pressure.

In any case, Ravens have been focused on winning playoff games, not looking for future OCs. Could be a sign that Caldwell is interested in sticking around, because we wouldn't be interviewing guys while he's doing his job

Guy to watch for us might be Whisenhunt. If the HC opportunities dry up, he'll want a high profile OC job, and we'd be a fit there. I'd still rather have Shurmur, but Whisenhunt might be an interesting possibility.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I didn't want him to come here
    Me too. I want to either keep Caldwell or bring in someone that is up and coming with fresh ideas.