Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

Re: Black Monday

The other question about the small sample size for Caldwell is how much he is using new parts of the playbook that teams will adjust to defend. Using the middle of the field more is successful if teams do not think you will do it. Once they get the idea that you will, they can adjust. Whether Caldwell adjusts as Playoff caliber teams do is still an open question.
    Let it play out and see how things develop and who is out there and interested.
    Captain Offense

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    For one, Cam did that earlier this year against the Patriots.

I'm not saying exclude Caldwell from that position, and he should have a spot on the staff either way. But to act like he has the OC job sowed up after one game against one of the worst defenses in the NFL would not be smart at all IMHO. Even if they do well from here on out, it's way too small of a sample size to give him the job.

Have him interview for it if he wants it (and frankly, if the stories about him suggesting Hostler or another coach call the plays are true, I don't know that it's really something that important to him), and bring in a couple other guys as well.

If Caldwell is the best guy for the job, then he should be hired. But don't tie your hands this soon with such a small sample size.
    If he calls a great gameplan through out the play offs, the Ravens will keep him.

Blog Entries

Pees gets no love he needs to go, at the start of the year Suggs was the only man hurt and its not like Pees did not have a full training camp to come up with schemes that would put guys in situations to succeed. Sorry he does not get a pass.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Pees gets no love he needs to go, at the start of the year Suggs was the only man hurt and its not like Pees did not have a full training camp to come up with schemes that would put guys in situations to succeed. Sorry he does not get a pass.
    We had no pass rush before Suggs got back, what can you do as a DC with no players who can get to the QB? The Dline has regressed from last year, Ngata has played hurt up to this point, and Terrence Cody has been AWFUL. McPhee has been injured all season, and it took a few weeks for Arthur Jones to get on a hot streak. Plus Webb has been lost, Ray Lewis has been out for most the year, and a bunch of the LB's have regressed, mainly McClain.

Thank god Ellerbe has shown promise and great developmental and improvement, or our LB core would have been a complete mess.

I do agree though somewhat, I'm just not sure if Pees is the right fit for these players.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    If he calls a great gameplan through out the play offs, the Ravens will keep him.
    Not saying they won't or shouldn't be, but if they don't interview other candidates because of a 3-4 game sample size, they are stupid.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries
    Agreed, Caldwell should be one candidate (assuming OC is a role he wants) but the Ravens have to consider the big picture here and put a plan in place for the next several years.

What kind of system do they want to fit their players and the division? It's a big decision and I believe they'll weigh several options and candidates.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by gretzky_scores View Post
    How about Rex Ryan as DC!
    My nightmare is Pigsburgh forcing LeBeau to retire and taking Rex as their DC. owie!
    ...but I think Rex is safe for another year (though he might look around at his situation and leave on his own, while his reputation is still good, or make demands to force mgt to dump him).
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    My nightmare is Pigsburgh forcing LeBeau to retire and taking Rex as their DC. owie!
    ...but I think Rex is safe for another year (though he might look around at his situation and leave on his own, while his reputation is still good, or make demands to force mgt to dump him).
    The Rooney's would never put up with Rex's shit. They wouldn't invite that circus into their locker room.

Blog Entries
    LeBeau already confirmed he will return next year

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Charlie batch, cody cousins and mike vick beat us..that alone should get pees fired.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Charlie batch, cody cousins and mike vick beat us..that alone should get pees fired.
    Who is cody cousins?

You mean Kirk Cousins.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Now that our game is over...I'm going to "enjoy" the next couple days, watching teams that did worse than us blow it all up and start over.

Now going to think about our own situation, which is just as close to some of these "blow it up" teams.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!