Page 1 of 45 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

Black Monday

The Ravens may be heading to a season of cultural change, particularly if these are the last times we see Reed and/or Lewis in purple. However, as the Ravens march to another playoff berth, a lot of franchises are heading to their own crossroads this offseason, particularly on the coaching and GM side of things.

The Ravens have also had a lot of changes that have been forced upon them by success. Under Harbaugh, we're already on our fourth DC. 2nd OC. Others have been poached to be co-ordinators elsewhere, front office been hired elsewhere... How it goes. Even firings.

That said, could the Ravens have a season of not having being poached off? The front office looks set - suitors after DeCosta have been warded off, it would seem. There's always a possibility that a team could go after someone like Hortiz, but there seems enough buzz around front office guys elsewhere.

On the coaching side, having an older guy on the DC means less of a chance of him being poached. Of course, having a relative down year doesn't help your stock if that's what you go for. Imagine a guy like Monachino having success as a Ravens' DC? He'd last five seconds before getting a HC shot. Caldwell's perhaps the only variable, though that depends more on his own performance than anything else. Another shot at HC may be more in a year's time if ever. Is there any 'buzz' around any of our other coaches?

There may be significant player turnover as always, perhaps even seismic shift in player culture and sure, there are still some positioning coaches that would have many on here chipping in for a farewell party, but maybe for once a bit of stability?

Blog Entries

Re: Black Monday

I'd rather have Pees go do something else. Just saying.

Edit: Everyone and their mother new DelRio was getting fired. The biscuit and Co need to jump off a cliff for not bringing him back instead of this ass clown they hired.

Blog Entries

Agreed; I'd rather start next year with new coordinators, although jury is still out on whether Caldwell could be OC

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post

Edit: Everyone and their mother new DelRio was getting fired. The biscuit and Co need to jump off a cliff for not bringing him back instead of this ass clown they hired.
    I was a huge fan of bringing back a familiar face in, Mike Nolan.

He's doing a great job down in Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    The Ravens may be heading to a season of cultural change, particularly if these are the last times we see Reed and/or Lewis in purple. However, as the Ravens march to another playoff berth, a lot of franchises are heading to their own crossroads this offseason, particularly on the coaching and GM side of things...
    There may be significant player turnover as always, perhaps even seismic shift in player culture and sure, there are still some positioning coaches that would have many on here chipping in for a farewell party, but maybe for once a bit of stability?
    It would seem that Jerry Rosburg (sp?) is safe from the axe. After some seasons of underperformance on special teams, they were a strength this season. How much is due to player acquisition (Jacoby Jones, Corey Graham, Justin Tucker to name a few) vs. coaching can be debated.

Injuries, departures (Grubbs), petulance (McKinnie)and aging (Birk, Williams) challenged the OL, where we were breaking in sometimes 2 rookies each game. He's an easy (i.e. drinky) target but Moeller (?) the OL coach is one of those that folks would probably chip in for a farewell kegger. But unless we collapse in Festivus he'll probably get retained (and certainly is no threat to be "poached").

I'd like to see a new DC, but I don't expect that to happen. Other than seeing Reed and Lewis head into the sunset, I don't expect a lot of changes with respect to our roster.

I think you guys are being unfair to Pees. The defense has dealt with a lot this year starting with FA defections and diminished performance from age/injury. Pees has had a short hand all year long.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Nolan nor Del Rio ever worked w/ John's daddy which left them out of contention

Nothing wrong with Pees since he moved to the booth, im curious as to why people see Del Rio as an upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I think you guys are being unfair to Pees. The defense has dealt with a lot this year starting with FA defections and diminished performance from age/injury. Pees has had a short hand all year long.
    I agree. For a while I was on the "don't like Pees" bandwagon but given what he has had to overcome this year with all the injuries, I'm now thinking he gets a second shot at this. We'll see how things play out in the playoffs, but for now I would say he comes back next year.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

iggyman555 Guest

i dont like pees but i think he deserves a second chance with a healthy roster

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post

Del Rio had never been a D-coordinator before. And while Pees hasn't been stellar, he's had to deal with multiple injuries to key players.