Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
The Chiefs have one of the most talented rosters in the NFL outside of the QB position. They have a near championship-caliber defense, good OL, excellent RB, and good cap space to further improve the team.

They're a couple players away from serious playoff contention. If Geno Smith pans out at all, they re-sign Branden Albert, and add a little help in the draft at WR, CB, and DL, they will be fine. Their problem has been that since 2010 they haven't even gotten mediocre play out of their QBs, all they need is a signal caller who doesn't make a ton of mistakes and gets the ball to his playmakers.
They have some pretty glaring holes at receiver though. Especially if Dwayne Bowe does leave, which seems likely. They're also losing Glenn Dorsey, possibly Brandon Albert, and they really should consider dropping Tyson Jackson.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a run at Greg Jennings or maybe Mike Wallace. I also don't know if they'll target Geno Smith or not.

If I were Andy Reid, I'd sign Mike Vick (since he already knows the offense) and try to trade down. If I HAD to pick #1 overall...I'd probably go for Star Lotulelei or Luke Joeckel. I would also try and retain Brandon Albert and kick him inside to guard, draft Joeckel, and then in the 2nd/3rd rounds look at guys like Aaron Murray or Tajh Boyd. Then look at receivers like Ryan Swope, etc.