Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

Re: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    So who are the guys who will be available? It sounds like the coaching staffs from the following teams could be gone.

Browns
    Bills
    Chargers
    Raiders
    Titans
    Cardinals
    Jaguars

There is also a power struggle going on with the Jets that makes it 50/50 that Rex and his group stay and Payton does not have a contract with the Saints and so there could be a new group there.

Any interest in any of the defensive coaches from those teams?

Ray Horton of the Cardinals is an innovative DC and knows how to create pressure.

Mike Pettine of the Jets came from the Ravens and is a real expert in the system that Rex runs. Pettine actually turned down an extension a week ago so he is probably gone even if Rex stays.

If Dave Wannstedt is let go by the Bills and Norv Turner is let go by the Chargers the Ravens can reunite one of the greatest coaching groups in recent years. It would be like 1991 all over again.

John Pagnano is the DC for the Chargers. I wonder if he's as good as his brother?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    John Pagnano is the DC for the Chargers. I wonder if he's as good as his brother?
    Don't believe so...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    So who are the guys who will be available? It sounds like the coaching staffs from the following teams could be gone.

Browns
    Bills
    Chargers
    Raiders
    Titans
    Cardinals
    Jaguars

There is also a power struggle going on with the Jets that makes it 50/50 that Rex and his group stay and Payton does not have a contract with the Saints and so there could be a new group there.

Any interest in any of the defensive coaches from those teams?

Ray Horton of the Cardinals is an innovative DC and knows how to create pressure.

Mike Pettine of the Jets came from the Ravens and is a real expert in the system that Rex runs. Pettine actually turned down an extension a week ago so he is probably gone even if Rex stays.

If Dave Wannstedt is let go by the Bills and Norv Turner is let go by the Chargers the Ravens can reunite one of the greatest coaching groups in recent years. It would be like 1991 all over again.
    GOTA -

I love Ray Horton. However, I thought I read somewhere that he was going to be a candidate to replace Whisenhut as the HC in Arizona. They'd be fools to kick Horton to the curb. That defense is pretty damn good and going in the right direction.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Agreed, Horton would be awesome to bring in and see the exotic blitz return. But he is likely a HC candidate next year.

From reports that I've read, Pettine wants to return to the Jets so I'm not sure what's up with the contract.

I have to tell you I feel sorry for Rex having to play with such a limited talent group on offense. it's like they have no threat of the pass so they go into every game trying to win on the running game, gimmick plays and defense... They need to get him some talent.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

For everyone whining they want Pees gone, is it his fault the Ravens "D" has the 3rd MOST plays from scrimmage? Sure, they couldn't get off the field in some games but I think its fair to blame the ineptitude on offense for their sometimes poor play defensively. Furthermore, they're 12th in the league in points allowed (with 321) which isn't that bad overall.

FWIW, "Yards allowed" is a meaningless stat IMO..."Points allowed" is really the only one that matters (UNLESS you've got a really good offense to compensate. See: Patriots).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    From reports that I've read, Pettine wants to return to the Jets so I'm not sure what's up with the contract.
    This could present an interesting situation. Suppose Rex is fired and Pettine is also available. If Rex can't get another HC gig this year, and decides not to return here as the DC, would Pettine opt to come back and run the D? Would he really shoot himself in the foot and go back to LB coach for Rex?

It'd be the ultimate slap in the face if we chose Pettine over Rex...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Well, one coach not going anywhere is Sean Payton. Saints were in dire need to lock him up.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/87...cording-source

Browns, Bills, Jaguars, Titans, Chargers, Eagles, Panthers and Chiefs will be all looking for new head coaches. I think Rex will get a stay of execution.

So many inevitable coaching changes, the offseason is going to be crazy!

Blog Entries

Rex is looking more and more like his father, and with the loss of Revis this year he couldn't even keep the defense up.

Even so, I don't see him getting canned just yet.

Blog Entries

The story out of NY is there's a power struggle between Tannenbaum and Ryan. Sounds like one will go, the other gets a temporary reprieve.

So maybe Tannenbaum gets the axe?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Chris Ault is leaving Nevada. Ault has been one of the great offensive innovators in football over the past decade. A bunch of NFL teams are going to be interested in him as their OC. I really hope we're one of them. This guy really does things differently. It would be great to be on the cutting of offensive thinking for once.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raven_Eire View Post
    Browns, Bills, Jaguars, Titans, Chargers, Eagles, Panthers and Chiefs will be all looking for new head coaches. I think Rex will get a stay of execution.

So many inevitable coaching changes, the offseason is going to be crazy!
    The writing is definitely on the wall for the ones I bolded. Bills, Jags and Titans I don't follow so I don't know but the Panthers have come on strong these last few weeks. They've won 3 in a row and 4 of their last 5. Panthers fans I talk to seem to feel that if the Panthers end the season on a high note, Rivera might get another shot.