Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The "rookie wall"

I've been waiting for this to hit our key rookies, but they seem to be getting stronger instead of tailing off. Upshaw is improving every week; KO just gave out his biggest butt-whipping of the season; and Pierce is just shocking me with his vision and balance. These guys were well-prepared physically and mentally.

Tucker's kickoffs were noticeably shorter against the Giants, but I don't know if that was due to a tired leg or the wind.

2. Re: The "rookie wall"

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    I've been waiting for this to hit our key rookies, but they seem to be getting stronger instead of tailing off. Upshaw is improving every week; KO just gave out his biggest butt-whipping of the season; and Pierce is just shocking me with his vision and balance. These guys were well-prepared physically and mentally.

Tucker's kickoffs were noticeably shorter against the Giants, but I don't know if that was due to a tired leg or the wind.
    The ball doesn't go as far in the colder air and possibly wind, although he was short from both ends...I noticed the same thing.

Blog Entries

Re: The "rookie wall"

Pierce has had a relatively light load so he should be plenty fresh. Upshaw is really nailing down that starter spot as a run defender, really impressed with his job setting the edge. KO... I just wish he could maintain some consistency, he is so up and down.

4. Re: The "rookie wall"

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    KO... I just wish he could maintain some consistency, he is so up and down.
    He's been that way since he was carted off against the Texans with what was feared to be a broken leg, but fortunately turned out to only be a sprained ankle.

It's entirely possible that the kickoffs were kicked short to try and force a return.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

"Omar's coming!"

Give props also to Omar Brown for keeping focus on the PS and scoring a big CB blitz sack when called upon in a Division clinching late Dec. game.

I think this has turned out to be a very good draft. A lot of the rookies are contributing, even the UDFAs like Brown (I know it was only one game, but he should see a lot of time down the stretch here) and Tucker, who could be kicking here for ten years. There aren't any star-studded names in this class, but the front office certainly got good value out the rooks.

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    It's entirely possible that the kickoffs were kicked short to try and force a return.
    That crossed my mind during the game, but the defense was playing well enough that I wouldn't have wanted the Giants to break one and get some momentum. Hopefully it was just weather-related.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    "Omar's coming!"

Give props also to Omar Brown for keeping focus on the PS and scoring a big CB blitz sack when called upon in a Division clinching late Dec. game.
    He and Hamilton should be fresh and ready to contribute on ST and hopefully on D.

Thier isnt a rookie wall anymore, with the new CBA these rookies only get 14 contact practices a season, they hit more in the college season than the pro season. I can see a kicker hitting a wall however.

Blog Entries

KO reminds me of Orlando Brown, has the same nasty edge.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Thier isnt a rookie wall anymore, with the new CBA these rookies only get 14 contact practices a season, they hit more in the college season than the pro season. I can see a kicker hitting a wall however.
    Very good point. With these light practices guys rarely hit anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Very good point. With these light practices guys rarely hit anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is also maybe the reason we are seeing a rise in injuries. Lack of car/train wreck hits during the week.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN