Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: The "rookie wall"

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Thier isnt a rookie wall anymore, with the new CBA these rookies only get 14 contact practices a season, they hit more in the college season than the pro season. I can see a kicker hitting a wall however.
    Yeah, but the new draft cap allows rookies have entire training camps. It used to be the the 1st round picks would hold out until pre-season or the middle of the regular season.

pierce doesn't shock me anymore. i've expected a breakout run like the one against the giants for a few weeks now. i would think a good OC would have a field day calling plays with both pierce and rice in the backfield. a run, a dump off or a fake at the line and go deep. DC's have their hands full iwht pierce and rice.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    pierce doesn't shock me anymore. i've expected a breakout run like the one against the giants for a few weeks now. i would think a good OC would have a field day calling plays with both pierce and rice in the backfield. a run, a dump off or a fake at the line and go deep. DC's have their hands full iwht pierce and rice.
    I waited three years, in vain, to see Rice+McGahee together for the same reason. Maybe things will change now.

4. Re: The "rookie wall"

i would think a good OC would have a field day calling plays with both pierce and rice in the backfield. a run, a dump off or a fake at the line and go deep. DC's have their hands full iwht pierce and rice.
    Would love to see this too.
    Maybe Caldwell has something brewing for the playoffs?

Blog Entries

I'd love to see them both on the field at once more.

Opposing D's would be like - what the hell are they going to do here?