Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pro bowlers

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Ed Reed getting selected is literally laugh out loud funny.

- C -
    It's a joke there are always players that get in on name only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Pro bowlers

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Ed Reed getting selected is literally laugh out loud funny.

- C -
    Agreed. Ed got in on name only, guy has been mediocre at best this year. Eric Weddle is the AFC's best free safety at this point, so he got snubbed. Ryan Clark's been great when healthy, Reggie Nelson has been excellent this year... Those are the 3 guys that jump to mind right away at the FS spot in the AFC.

Blog Entries

But none of those guys will ever be as good as what Reed was either, and don't have his leadership qualities.

Reed was a special player, best FS to ever play the game, age has simply caught up on him.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    But none of those guys will ever be as good as what Reed was either, and don't have his leadership qualities.
    And there's no lineman playing now who will ever be as good as John Ogden but that's fairly meaningless when determining who was the best this season, and it certainly wasn't Reed.

As for his supposed leadership qualities, I feel like they're vastly overrated. Ed is a mercurial guy who frequently leaves his teammates on an island (see the long completion to Randall last week that the low football knowledge crew immediately blamed on Cary). He constantly threatens to retire, he claims to be disrespected because he's no longer the highest paid safety in the league, and he publicly threw his QB under the bus in the middle of playoff run last season.

Ed was a great player, but he isn't anymore, and his leadership reputation was greatly enhanced by his proximity to Ray Lewis.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    And there's no lineman playing now who will ever be as good as John Ogden but that's fairly meaningless when determining who was the best this season, and it certainly wasn't Reed.

As for his supposed leadership qualities, I feel like they're vastly overrated. Ed is a mercurial guy who frequently leaves his teammates on an island (see the long completion to Randall last week that the low football knowledge crew immediately blamed on Cary). He constantly threatens to retire, he claims to be disrespected because he's no longer the highest paid safety in the league, and he publicly threw his QB under the bus in the middle of playoff run last season.

Ed was a great player, but he isn't anymore, and his leadership reputation was greatly enhanced by his proximity to Ray Lewis.
    That may be true, but let's not forget what he's done for this team in the past either, and he's still a potential game changer even now.

That may be true, but let's not forget what he's done for this team in the past either, and he's still a potential game changer even now.
    Same can be said with Flacco. LOL And Flacco still has years ahead of him.

Reed is like tp was last year. Most common name on ballot that fans recognized and think about his history in the NFL. Might have helped that he had some questionable hits this year that the NFL fined him for.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Same can be said with Flacco. LOL And Flacco still has years ahead of him.

Reed is like tp was last year. Most common name on ballot that fans recognized and think about his history in the NFL. Might have helped that he had some questionable hits this year that the NFL fined him for.
    ... Flacco isn't at Reeds top level yet, let's wait until Flacco is mentioned as a possible first ballot HOFer.

Which has nothing to do with the comment you responded to, seemingly in disagreement, that Ed Rees going to the Pro Bowl this year is ludicrous.

He hasn't earned it THIS YEAR.

Ya know, I find it funny that you're working so hard to prop up a declining Reed when you spend so much other time explaining just how replaceable you find an ascending Flacco.

Some fans just can't escape the "defense is king" mentality that was true ten years ago I guess.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Which has nothing to do with the comment you responded to, seemingly in disagreement, that Ed Rees going to the Pro Bowl this year is ludicrous.

He hasn't earned it THIS YEAR.

Ya know, I find it funny that you're working so hard to prop up a declining Reed when you spend so much other time explaining just how replaceable you find an ascending Flacco.

Some fans just can't escape the "defense is king" mentality that was true ten years ago I guess.
    None of the above is true.

I never said Reed deserves to be a pro bowler THIS YEAR
    I never said Flacco is ''easy'' to replace
    And the last comment is so stupid it's unreal.

But hey until you quote me on the things you've accused me of, keep falsely accusing me of doing such things so I can carry on laughing at the emotional ties some of you posters have with Joe Flacco.

Blog Entries

I thought maybe Bernard Pollard deserves to be a starter at SS, who got in over him? Ryan Clarke maybe?
    Nope. Eric Berry and LaRon Landry

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    LaRon Landry?

Wow. Ok.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

12. Re: Pro bowlers

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Weddle and Byrd got snubbed.