Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pro bowlers

Blog Entries

Re: Pro bowlers

The sooner we do away with the pro bowl the better. Shit is a total joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Agreed. The game means nothing except some tv time and a chance to get an injury for no purpose.
    And the timing of the game itself is STUPID.
    But, it's nice, not necessary, for the players to receive accolades.
    And those accolades should be from their fellow players throughout the league and all the teams' coaches.
    IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    That may be true, but let's not forget what he's done for this team in the past either, and he's still a potential game changer even now.
    The problem is, he's changing games in the wrong direction at this point.

Reed hasn't just been mediocre this year, he's been outright bad. Only one of his INTs this season have been particularly impressive, the rest have literally been toss-ups which went right to him. He's dropped others, including a pretty important one in Philly which would have turned the result of that game if he'd made. I have no idea how many times he's been caught out of position, but he left Garcon wide open on their final drive in DC and he broke underneath on what was obviously a deep route vs. Eric Decker in the Broncos game on the long TD pass when the game was still very much yet to be decided. I chart for FO and while I haven't done every single Ravens game, I've done half of each of them and I can't even count the number of broken tackles he's allowed.

He isn't just not the same player. He's not good anymore. And frankly, as a FA this year, we have GOT to let him go. Because if we re-sign him at the cost of losing a guy like Kruger, it is literally a disaster for the future of this team.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Amen. Couldn't tell you the last time I, a) watched the game, or b) gave a shit about the game. Just let the players continue to write in the bonus clauses in their contracts, cancel the game, and everyone but the 8,000 people who get free tickets and show up will be fine.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"