Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 50 of 50
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,062
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Ravens @ Bengals predictions.



    Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    That was the first season I really started following football. Bengals started 1-6 and reeled off 7 in a row to sneak into playoffs. Baltimore clobbered us but we were so excited just to be there. Fitting because the Orioles had clobbered the Reds in World Series the same year. Ouch!
    Losing Greg Cook was the difference. Virgil Carter just wasn't close to the same QB. Cook had an incredible season the year before and did it with a torn rotator cuff. He was rookie of the year and his career was over. You put Cook on the next years Bengals team and they could have gone to the Super Bowl. At the very least that Bengals offense against the Colts defense would have been a classic game. The Bengals seem to have had more than their fair share of players forced to retire way too soon because of injury with Cook and Ickey being the most notable.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  2. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    5,605

    Re: Ravens @ Bengals predictions.

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Losing Greg Cook was the difference. Virgil Carter just wasn't close to the same QB. Cook had an incredible season the year before and did it with a torn rotator cuff. He was rookie of the year and his career was over. You put Cook on the next years Bengals team and they could have gone to the Super Bowl. At the very least that Bengals offense against the Colts defense would have been a classic game. The Bengals seem to have had more than their fair share of players forced to retire way too soon because of injury with Cook and Ickey being the most notable.
    You know your history well. Greg Cook was phenomenal. Such a shame that today's technology didn't exist then. Greg's career would have been saved. Greg Cook passed away last year quietly.




  3. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,062
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Ravens @ Bengals predictions.

    Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    You know your history well. Greg Cook was phenomenal. Such a shame that today's technology didn't exist then. Greg's career would have been saved. Greg Cook passed away last year quietly.
    Before the Ravens existed I was Bengals fan. I'm too young to have seen Cook except on a limited amount of tape but I've heard the stories and talked to some very smart football people who thought he could have been an all time great QB. He was Mr. Cinci having grown up there and gone to college there. It should have been one of those great fairly tale careers. It really sucks the way life can throw you a curve ball when you least expect it.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  4. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    101

    Re: Ravens @ Bengals predictions.

    Although it would be nice to be playing for a bye or even a #1 seed, how nice is it to have a (football) stress free Sunday? I mean we can all sit back and enjoy whatever happens today in the NFL. Hell, maybe go watch a movie or play with the kids because what the Ravens do today doesn't matter very much and should have little bearing on next week. The only way you could be stressed about today's game is if you're stupid enough to put money on either the Ravens or the Bengals.




  5. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,062
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Ravens @ Bengals predictions.

    Quote Originally Posted by NCCRavensFan View Post
    Although it would be nice to be playing for a bye or even a #1 seed, how nice is it to have a (football) stress free Sunday? I mean we can all sit back and enjoy whatever happens today in the NFL. Hell, maybe go watch a movie or play with the kids because what the Ravens do today doesn't matter very much and should have little bearing on next week. The only way you could be stressed about today's game is if you're stupid enough to put money on either the Ravens or the Bengals.
    The only game that really seems interesting out of all the ones being played today is the Cowboys/Redskins game. That will be a the playoffs 1 week early. The rest don't mean much
    He Who Dares.....Wins




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland