Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    I was going urban.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pumble

OMG check out # 2 on most popular.

iggyman555 Guest

Re: Ravens @ Bengals predictions.

Ray is not playing...

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Ravens are hoping to get Ray Lewis back for wild-card playoff game. He continues to strengthen his surgically repaired right triceps
    Expand
    3m Aaron Wilson Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Ray Lewis being activated doesn't mean he will play against Cincy, though. Team has said he's out until the postseason. This was procedural
    Expand
    3m Aaron Wilson Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Ravens activated Ray Lewis, placed LaQuan Willams on injured reserve
    Expand

Blog Entries

The thumping you guys gave us in the first game of the season made me think we were never gonna scratch playoff dirt. No matter how carefully the Bengals pack their lunch, 9 times out 10 Ray Rice eats it. I can't imagine him not wanting to play or accept not starting.

I look for this to be a very competitive game. We were 9-7 last year and I know Marvin would at least like to show progress record wise, even though Ravens have clinched.

I'm going out on a limb. Bengals 23 Ravens 17

Blog Entries
    My prediction is that we'll see a lot of injured players rested and the other key starters get 2-3 quarters like a preseason game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    I don't think Harbaugh rests players. I think he'll sit those who could benefit from a "bye" week, but otherwise he'll put the men on the field he thinks gives the Ravens the best chance to win. On both sides of the ball there are starters who need reps- they either weren't starting until recently, or the change in the playcalling/philosophy needs more time to gel. One game against a schizophrenic team isn't proof they've turned the corner offensively. If I were Harbaugh, I'd rather see it against that Cinci defense, at least for a half.

Lewis and the Bengals literally have nothing to play for, unless they want to keep another meeting with the Ravens as far in the future as possible. That's not much. OTOH, that's a very young team, and if I were Lewis I don't know that I'd trust them to be able to handle shutting it down for a week and ginning it back up a week later. On yet a third hand, losing with their starters to the Ravens in the last week, and having to turn around and play them a week later would be difficult psychologically, too, unless the game is a real nailbiter (that is, they think they should have won it).

Given I'm not either of those men, this one is too hard to predict. So I'll go the homer route and pick the Ravens, 24-20.
    Really good thoughts there. I like the way you think. Great post.

Resting starters is silly. The playoffs are all about momentum and getting and staying hot. Sleepwalking into the playoffs doesn't seem compatible with that reality and history has proven that out.

Blog Entries

I think we'll see some defensive starters possibly sit but I think we'll see all hands on offense other than Bolden. I'm thinking Caldwell and Joe want to try different personnel groupings with Bolden resting and possibly work on tempo changes within the game (sugar huddle in the first half, regular subs in second half while maybe mixing snap counts throughout due to being on the road.)

Bengals 20
    Ravens 17

Prepostseason game or whatever you want to to call it. Look forward to seeing backups like Anthony Allen and Tyrod and David Reed amongst others do thier thing. Actually more intestested if it is a backup bowl.
    Ravens *
    Bengals*

Losing might help the draft slot.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Resting starters is silly. The playoffs are all about momentum and getting and staying hot. Sleepwalking into the playoffs doesn't seem compatible with that reality and history has proven that out.
    I don't think the resting will come as a tactic. Rather, it will be about necessity, especially on defense.

How effective can we be in the playoffs if our defense is the walking wounded? We saw what Denver did to us and we are going to see that same caliber of team in two weeks.

If good Tyrod shows up:
    Ravens 20
    Bengals 27

If bad Tyrod shows up:
    Ravens 13
    Bengals 38

Board implodes either way...moderators spend all Sunday night merging the "Fire Harbaugh" threads.

This is a meaningless game...

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    I think who is or isn't rested needs to be looked at on a case by case basis. For example, Yanda should get healthy. But I agree that resting starters for the sake of just resting them isn't a good idea.

Ravens 20 Bengals 16

Blog Entries

Here is a question -

If the Ravens win, what does it get them in the playoffs?

Because I've read that it is likely that the Bengals will be coming to Baltimore regardless in the playoffs for the first game. If that is the case, and nothing is going to change that, why play your starters?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.