Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 155

Thread: Joe 'Manned Up'

  1. #31

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'



    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    One game.

    Against one of the worse passing defenses in the league too.
    AND the Ravens didn't win.

    I just don't get the argument that 'Flacco outplayed Brady' in that game. What does that even matter if the TEAM doesn't win? Using that same argument, Philip Rivers outplayed Flacco this year in SD (Rivers finished with a higher QB rating, anyway).

    It also ignores the fact that Brady sacrificed his body (got speared in the back by Lewis) on a QB sneak to score a TD.

    Outplayed Brady? Doesn't look like it to me.




  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    AND the Ravens didn't win.

    I just don't get the argument that 'Flacco outplayed Brady' in that game. What does that even matter if the TEAM doesn't win? Using that same argument, Philip Rivers outplayed Flacco this year in SD (Rivers finished with a higher QB rating, anyway).

    It also ignores the fact that Brady sacrificed his body (got speared in the back by Lewis) on a QB sneak to score a TD.

    Outplayed Brady? Doesn't look like it to me.
    Ravens had the 3rd ranked defense, Patriots had the 31st ranked defense. Yet people are throwing accusations out to me that I dismiss flacco's ''achievements'' yet everyone forgets about how great this defense has been until this year. Let's just forget about the team when Flacco wins, but blame everyone else when we lose.




  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,268

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I guess we should just forget about Jacoby Jones fumbling the ball, or the terrible Ed Reed picking off a pass and essentially saving us the game.
    For fuck's sake. No you're right. The other team fucking up and our defense did it. Joe should have just stayed home as I'm sure any average fucker could have posted a two score day against that pass rush.

    Everyday I thank God that people like you aren't in charge of the Ravens and Joe will be kept here instead of being replaced by Alex Smith.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,268

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    AND the Ravens didn't win.

    I just don't get the argument that 'Flacco outplayed Brady' in that game. What does that even matter if the TEAM doesn't win? Using that same argument, Philip Rivers outplayed Flacco this year in SD (Rivers finished with a higher QB rating, anyway).

    It also ignores the fact that Brady sacrificed his body (got speared in the back by Lewis) on a QB sneak to score a TD.

    Outplayed Brady? Doesn't look like it to me.
    I guess Trent Dilfer outplayed Marino over there careers huh?
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,400
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Joe Flacco had a good day against the Texans in the playoffs last year. His WRs were not open, at all. His offensive line did not protect him, at all. He made a few great throws that many other QBs couldn't make that helped us win that game.




  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    For fuck's sake. No you're right. The other team fucking up and our defense did it. Joe should have just stayed home as I'm sure any average fucker could have posted a two score day against that pass rush.

    Everyday I thank God that people like you aren't in charge of the Ravens and Joe will be kept here instead of being replaced by Alex Smith.
    This is the prefect example of how someone is overly emotionally connected to Joe Flacco. If Haloti Ngata misses a tackle, and someone on this board calls him out on it, he will most likely get a bunch of people agreeing. Yet when someone says one bad thing about Joe, you get keyboard warriors like this yet again throwing out false accusations.




  7. #37

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    I guess Trent Dilfer outplayed Marino over there careers huh?
    He did when it mattered. edit: Though I must confess, whatever your point might be is completely lost on me. I'm not talking about careers--I'm talking about the fallacy that exists around here that 'Flacco outplayed Brady' in the AFCCG...




  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,268

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    This is the prefect example of how someone is overly emotionally connected to Joe Flacco. If Haloti Ngata misses a tackle, and someone on this board calls him out on it, he will most likely get a bunch of people agreeing. Yet when someone says one bad thing about Joe, you get keyboard warriors like this yet again throwing out false accusations.
    Bullshit. You confuse flair for creative profanity for emotion and my insistence on giving CREDIT where it's due with blind allegiance. I have and will continue to say that Flacco is far from perfect. What I will not do is piss on his successes and credit luck and another team's fuck ups for them. If you really think that what you're doing to Joe's career is the equivalent of pointing out a single missed tackle, then you know less about football than I do about cricket. Which is to say nothing.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,500

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    I'm talking about the fallacy that exists around here that 'Flacco outplayed Brady' in the AFCCG...
    Umm. Wat?

    Since when is that "a fallacy that exists around here"?

    He DID outplay Brady in that game. It's not even close.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,400
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    This is the prefect example of how someone is overly emotionally connected to Joe Flacco. If Haloti Ngata misses a tackle, and someone on this board calls him out on it, he will most likely get a bunch of people agreeing. Yet when someone says one bad thing about Joe, you get keyboard warriors like this yet again throwing out false accusations.
    If you think Alex Smith can do what Joe has here than you aren't "saying one bad thing". You are saying that Joe Flacco is hardly a starter in the NFL.




  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,268

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    He did when it mattered.
    Utterly ridiculous. Does this idiotic philosophy apply to every player or just QBs? Is Qadry Ishmail a better receiver than Anquan Boldin? Is Kim Herring better than Pollard? What about coordinators? Is Matt Cavanaugh a better coordinator than Josh McDaniels?
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Bullshit. You confuse flair for creative profanity for emotion and my insistence on giving CREDIT where it's due with blind allegiance. I have and will continue to say that Flacco is far from perfect. What I will not do is piss on his successes and credit luck and another team's fuck ups for them. If you really think that what you're doing to Joe's career is the equivalent of pointing out a single missed tackle, then you know less about football than I do about cricket. Which is to say nothing.
    Idk, missing a tackle is like throwing an incompletion or taking a sack to a QB. When someone says something bad about Joe throwing an incompletion, a lot of people on this board will be quick to point to the play calling, or a WR not being open. Yet when Reed misses a tackle, let's just cut him right?




  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    If you think Alex Smith can do what Joe has here than you aren't "saying one bad thing". You are saying that Joe Flacco is hardly a starter in the NFL.
    Yes but when did I say that? WHEN?




  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Umm. Wat?

    Since when is that "a fallacy that exists around here"?

    He DID outplay Brady in that game. It's not even close.
    Different defenses.




  15. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,268

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Yes but when did I say that? WHEN?
    Probably when you said, repeatedly, that Alex Smith could win a championship here.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland