Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
Results 133 to 144 of 155

Thread: Joe 'Manned Up'

  1. #133
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    9,172
    Blog Entries
    4


    Some people have no concept of what the qb market is


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




  2. #134

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    On the open market his value would rise due to competition.

    Buffalo, Arizona, Kansas City, Jacksonville, New York Jets, and Oakland would all love to have him.




  3. #135

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Flacco's business is playing football and getting paid for what he has accomplished so far. Five years straight in post season play, more wins then any QB in his first five years, and great stats compared to others in that same time frame. The Sb will happen if the team he plays for has players to make it happen. Like Marsha's girlfriend said"he can'throw and catch it too". If the Ravens get outbid, can't blame Flacco for leaving. He surely isn't going to get a decent contract from the Ravens, according to the armchair coaches and know it alls that have been bashing Flacco for his bad games.I'm sure there have been plenty of elite QBs who have had bad games who are making big bucks. Time will tell after this year, hope the management gives him 100 million plus for 6 or 7 years with incentives. If not, hope management brings someone in that the armchair coaches like. Betting tghey will not only bash the new Qb but management also. Been a great 5 years with lots of twists and turns, but still better then most teams in the league. How about them steelers, great year for that team who has 6 SB rings.LOL




  4. #136
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    joe manned up last september




  5. #137
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    9,172
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Flacco's business is playing football and getting paid for what he has accomplished so far. Five years straight in post season play, more wins then any QB in his first five years, and great stats compared to others in that same time frame. The Sb will happen if the team he plays for has players to make it happen. Like Marsha's girlfriend said"he can'throw and catch it too". If the Ravens get outbid, can't blame Flacco for leaving. He surely isn't going to get a decent contract from the Ravens, according to the armchair coaches and know it alls that have been bashing Flacco for his bad games.I'm sure there have been plenty of elite QBs who have had bad games who are making big bucks. Time will tell after this year, hope the management gives him 100 million plus for 6 or 7 years with incentives. If not, hope management brings someone in that the armchair coaches like. Betting tghey will not only bash the new Qb but management also. Been a great 5 years with lots of twists and turns, but still better then most teams in the league. How about them steelers, great year for that team who has 6 SB rings.LOL
    The biscuit will pay flacco 100+ mil. It's gonna happen just a matter of when. The armchair gms here are a joke.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




  6. #138

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Did you even read what I proposed? The $72 milion is the base deal, with incentives that could take that amount up to $100 million. That is an extremely fair offer for a QB who has shown what Flacco has thus far in his career. Now, if such a deal isn't good enough for Flacco, then I would wish him luck in Arizona or Jacksonville or Buffalo. He might sign for a bigger deal in those cities, but would never see the majority of that money (like Michael Vick), due to the disfunctional nature of those franchises.
    I did. And you answered none of my questions as to what is a "measurable" incentive that could take the contract up $28 million that isn't influenced by other players on the offense.

    Again, none of that matters. There is no way the front office is stupid enough to throw that number out there. And if you want that contract, and you think that's "fair" for a QB that's gone to the playoffs every year he's been in the league, then you want Flacco to walk. There is no other way to justify it.




  7. #139

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    On the open market his value would rise due to competition.

    Buffalo, Arizona, Kansas City, Jacksonville, New York Jets, and Oakland would all love to have him.
    All of which Flacco would instantly make a better team. You don't think Larry Fitzgerald would LOVE to have Flacco throwing him the ball?




  8. #140

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    All of which Flacco would instantly make a better team. You don't think Larry Fitzgerald would LOVE to have Flacco throwing him the ball?
    NYJ? How would they afford him and anyone else to throw to when they're already paying Sanchez stupid money? Not likely to make the Jets better. Oakland? Not sure how the Palmer deal is structured, but if they still owe him significant money, same deal. Plus, let's be real--most dysfunctional franchise in football. Arizona? Maybe if they keep Whisenhunt--if not, it depends on who they get to coach, and that's the toughest division in football right now. Not likely to make the Cards a contender immediately in those circumstances. KC? Also in turmoil, and expecting a new coach, and in a division with Peyton Manning. Not likely to go places anytime soon. Buffalo? Same deal as KC.

    Of that list, only Jax seems like it's in a weak enough division, and has enough cap space, that Flacco would walk in and have a pretty good deal overall. The rest of them have too many other issues for him to walk in and be a game-changer, IMO. YMMV.




  9. #141
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,349
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    "I don't think I'm top five, I think I'm the best".


    Convenient to leave out the context of that quote.

    You forgot the part where he says he thinks everyone should think that way.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  10. #142
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,349
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    No other team would offer Flacco a $100+ million base contract. He has shown NOTHING that would warrant such a deal. I think Flacco wants to stay with the Ravens, and will accept a deal similar to the one I proposed.
    Prove it.

    Teams have been offering ludicrous contracts to QB's who have proven nothing for years. Just look at the NFL draft.

    Not only did the Cardinals give up draft picks for Kevin Kolb, but then they paid him a contract with a value of $65 million over 5 years...or roughly 13 mill/year on average. Are you REALLY willing to claim that Kolb was worth 13 mill per year...but Flacco is not?
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  11. #143
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,349
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Some people have no concept of what the qb market is


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  12. #144

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    NYJ? How would they afford him and anyone else to throw to when they're already paying Sanchez stupid money? Not likely to make the Jets better.
    The Jets make the playoffs this year with Flacco. Flacco even in his lowest year was never as bad on the field as Sanchez. Nor does he have the wins.

    Yes, the Jets owe Sanchez 8.25 million next year. But that is for the Jets to deal with. Flacco still makes them better.

    Oakland? Not sure how the Palmer deal is structured, but if they still owe him significant money, same deal. Plus, let's be real--most dysfunctional franchise in football.
    Carson's deal was 4 years $43 million. I don't know what his cap hit would be if they cut him but people in Oakland are talking as though that could happen. And since they didn't go to the playoffs, they don't owe the Bengals their 2013 second pick.

    Flacco I think can make them better, but not as much as Arizona or the Jets. I don't think that's the best place for him either.

    Arizona? Maybe if they keep Whisenhunt--if not, it depends on who they get to coach, and that's the toughest division in football right now. Not likely to make the Cards a contender immediately in those circumstances.
    Arizona's biggest problem is that they can't decide on one of their three QB's to be the starter, they need consistency. And that is wasting the football life of arguably the current best wide receiver in the league. They would back the truck up for Flacco if he was on the open market, and considering how bad Skelton, Kolb, and Lindey have been, Flacco makes them a contender even if you plugged in last year's stats. Arizona makes the playoffs with Flacco at QB.

    All the places in question all have QB issues that make it all the more flummoxing that we're here in Baltimore arguing over Joe Flacco. And the FO has to know that. That's why he will get his deal here anyway, no matter what we think they will or won't do.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland