Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe 'Manned Up'

Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    I guess Trent Dilfer outplayed Marino over there careers huh?
    He did when it mattered. edit: Though I must confess, whatever your point might be is completely lost on me. I'm not talking about careers--I'm talking about the fallacy that exists around here that 'Flacco outplayed Brady' in the AFCCG...

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    This is the prefect example of how someone is overly emotionally connected to Joe Flacco. If Haloti Ngata misses a tackle, and someone on this board calls him out on it, he will most likely get a bunch of people agreeing. Yet when someone says one bad thing about Joe, you get keyboard warriors like this yet again throwing out false accusations.
    Bullshit. You confuse flair for creative profanity for emotion and my insistence on giving CREDIT where it's due with blind allegiance. I have and will continue to say that Flacco is far from perfect. What I will not do is piss on his successes and credit luck and another team's fuck ups for them. If you really think that what you're doing to Joe's career is the equivalent of pointing out a single missed tackle, then you know less about football than I do about cricket. Which is to say nothing.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    I'm talking about the fallacy that exists around here that 'Flacco outplayed Brady' in the AFCCG...
    Umm. Wat?

Since when is that "a fallacy that exists around here"?

He DID outplay Brady in that game. It's not even close.

This is the prefect example of how someone is overly emotionally connected to Joe Flacco. If Haloti Ngata misses a tackle, and someone on this board calls him out on it, he will most likely get a bunch of people agreeing. Yet when someone says one bad thing about Joe, you get keyboard warriors like this yet again throwing out false accusations.
    If you think Alex Smith can do what Joe has here than you aren't "saying one bad thing". You are saying that Joe Flacco is hardly a starter in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    He did when it mattered.
    Utterly ridiculous. Does this idiotic philosophy apply to every player or just QBs? Is Qadry Ishmail a better receiver than Anquan Boldin? Is Kim Herring better than Pollard? What about coordinators? Is Matt Cavanaugh a better coordinator than Josh McDaniels?
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Bullshit. You confuse flair for creative profanity for emotion and my insistence on giving CREDIT where it's due with blind allegiance. I have and will continue to say that Flacco is far from perfect. What I will not do is piss on his successes and credit luck and another team's fuck ups for them. If you really think that what you're doing to Joe's career is the equivalent of pointing out a single missed tackle, then you know less about football than I do about cricket. Which is to say nothing.
    Idk, missing a tackle is like throwing an incompletion or taking a sack to a QB. When someone says something bad about Joe throwing an incompletion, a lot of people on this board will be quick to point to the play calling, or a WR not being open. Yet when Reed misses a tackle, let's just cut him right?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    If you think Alex Smith can do what Joe has here than you aren't "saying one bad thing". You are saying that Joe Flacco is hardly a starter in the NFL.
    Yes but when did I say that? WHEN?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Umm. Wat?

Different defenses.

Yes but when did I say that? WHEN?
    Probably when you said, repeatedly, that Alex Smith could win a championship here.

Different defenses.
    Is there a point here? Because this makes even less sense.

Op wasn't talking about how Flacco played. He was talking about how before this game, when asked who was responsible for the offense underperforming all season, Joe said that it was 100% him. He didn't use the moment to blame Cam, he didn't complain about his O line, he didn't mention wide receivers needing to be able to beat press coverage. He could have, and those would have all been true, but instead he put it all on his shoulders and said "100% me."

And look at how his team mates responded.

Next time someone claims that Joe isn't a leader, I'm just going to link to this post until that meme goes away.
    Thank-you!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Umm. Wat?

By what metric?

When all is said and done, Brady got his offense to score 23 points. Flacco got his offense to score 20. Everything else is ifs, shouldas, wouldas, couldas, etc. They don't keep track of those in official NFL statlines, unless I'm mistaken.

By the same token (so that you don't think I'm putting the blame for losing the game on Flacco), the defense allowed three points more than the Pats' D did, Harbaugh made more questionable decisions than Belichick, etc. Bottom line is though, despite not having a great game stats-wise, Brady did enough to win. Any argument that Flacco outplayed him is based in statistics which are trumped by the scoreboard.