Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe 'Manned Up'

Joe 'Manned Up'

I would just like to comment on Joe's 'manning up' after that humiliating loss to Denver. His performance 'sucked; but he faced the music like a man and said, in effect, that the next two weeks will define who we are as a team. He was a True Professional, and made no bones about his performance, or lack thereof. I give you mega props, Joe - you certainly revealed a lot about your character to me, and many other fans, I am sure. And, this week you delivered big time ... my hats off to you!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

Said it a few times, Flacco is all business playing for the Ravens, his money contract will be the same. Joe will be paid for what he has done so far in the NFL, Ravens need to get it done. Joe would be a treasure to certain teams who have the money to spend. Ravens fans have had it great for the last five years, compared to the rest of the leagye( except the patriots). Personally, I want Flacco in a Ravens uniform for his career, reading what the Flacco haters post is entertaining, but the same group can get annoying. Thanks Joe for winning in Baltimore and hope you have a great year in 2013.

Blog Entries

It was great what Flacco did, but let's see if this thread will become even more justified after the post season. Joe could essentially become a very rich man if he does all the right things in the play offs.

Aside from becoming a rich man, he demonstrated something more important, and that is he showed what kind of 'man' he is - character and integrity are worth far more than Ws and Ls, as we would all agree!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

5. Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

When Joe has confidence in both the gameplan and his teammates, he plays with confidence, and when he plays with confidence, he can beat anybody.
    So, it's going to come down to how well the line and receivers play and how smart the gameplan is.
    I believe Caldwell can get it done, and we now have enough talent on offense as well.
    The real question is: can we keep them healthy, especially at the O-Line because after Oher, Birk, Yanda, and Osemele, we've got nobody who can play even marginally well (other than McKinnie--probably, and maybe Gradkowski?)
    We're going to try to win a Super Bowl with essentially 4 starting O-Linemen it seems.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Aside from becoming a rich man, he demonstrated something more important, and that is he showed what kind of 'man' he is - character and integrity are worth far more than Ws and Ls, as we would all agree!
    Yeah..... Not in the NFL. Being a nice guy doesn't pay but being a good football player does.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Yeah..... Not in the NFL. Being a nice guy doesn't pay but being a good football player does.
    That may be true; but character and integrity last a lifetime, and Joe possesses both qualities.

Blog Entries

He had a good game, you act like he walked on water, come on man

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    He had a good game, you act like he walked on water, come on man
    Not at all - he simply manned up, and that shows alot of character. With the game he had, I am sure he would've preferred to sneak out the back door, but instead he faced the music.

Blog Entries

how did he 'man up' and 'face the music'?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    When Joe has confidence in both the gameplan and his teammates, he plays with confidence, and when he plays with confidence, he can beat anybody.
    So, it's going to come down to how well the line and receivers play and how smart the gameplan is.
    I believe Caldwell can get it done, and we now have enough talent on offense as well.
    The real question is: can we keep them healthy, especially at the O-Line because after Oher, Birk, Yanda, and Osemele, we've got nobody who can play even marginally well (other than McKinnie--probably, and maybe Gradkowski?)
    We're going to try to win a Super Bowl with essentially 4 starting O-Linemen it seems.

What's he going to do when something breaks down again? At some point all great, good, QB's have
    improv. He's good with too many "whens" when this, if that....When all of the variables are remove and "when" the stars aligned, he can play great.

He had a great game, no doubt, and compliments to him. But how many of us are waiting, not if, but when that other Joe shows up, and he will.

I hate to think we've lowered the bar so low as to actually celebrate a #1 draft pick playing like expected. He played as he was expected to play and should play. He was doing his job and I hope he continues.

This thread has nothing to do with how "he played", or is "expected to play" ... it has everything to do with being accountable, and challenging himself and the team to do better! That's the kind of players Ozzie drafts, and it is nice to see him back up his dismal performance against Denver, with the type of play we witnessed on Sunday.