Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe 'Manned Up'

Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Yea... DC wherein the defense surrendered an 8 point lead in the final minute after Flacco threw three TDs. Yea, that's all on Joe though.

Tell you what, I'll blame Joe for Denver and Pitt, now you explain how he doesn't deserve credit for 54 wins in 79 games.
    Duh, that was all Ray Rice and our defense that gave us those wins. Joe just kinda stood there like a deer in the headlights and went through the motions. Did he even throw any TDs in those wins? Probably not.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rlh445 View Post
    I uh, I uh...I don't know about this one guys, maybe we should throw him back in the water. Don, you remind me of a guy I work with. He always used that wonderful, 'deer in the headlights' phrase and even chided Flacco for having the gall to throw away a pass instead of 'taking the sack like a man'. What a moron. The both of you. How many games has Flacco actually, 'thrown away'? Gimme a break. Jesus Christ, the mental midgets on this board make me want to hunt the lot of you down, get you in a room and let you scratch each others' eyes out with a spoon. Because it hurts more, you twits.
    I wish he had thrown a few more away.

So bash me, but deny you don't have that pit in your gut waiting to see what Flacco will show up in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Btw, for those who think Flacco didn't outplay Brady:

Code:
              Comp.  Att.   Yards    TDs     INTs
    Brady :    22     36     239      0       2     (Brady did have 1 rushing TD)
    Flacco :   22     36     306      2       1
    Okay, so let me get this straight. I bust on Flacco's inability to post consistent passer ratings, to which the response from the apologists is always something along the lines of "who cares, Flacco just wins games!" Now I'm shown a statline in which he clearly outplayed his opponent in terms of passer rating, but lost the game, and now I'm supposed to accept the argument that passer rating actually does matter?

And y'all think I'm the one that doesn't make consistent arguments...

Again, someone please explain to me what the metric is for a QB outplaying his opponent while losing the game.

Blog Entries

Yea... DC wherein the defense surrendered an 8 point lead in the final minute after Flacco threw three TDs. Yea, that's all on Joe though.

Tell you what, I'll blame Joe for Denver and Pitt, now you explain how he doesn't deserve credit for 54 wins in 79 games.

Chuch Pagano, Ray Lewis, Ray Rice,Willis MaGahee, Rex Ryan, Q, Suggs,....should I go on?

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Chuch Pagano, Ray Lewis, Ray Rice,Willis MaGahee, Rex Ryan, Q, Suggs,....should I go on?
    In other words, literally everyone but Joe.

Got it.

Leach, Haloti92, et al.... This is the tripe we're talking about. This is who we are talking about when we say that there are some posters who will literally give credit to everyone but Joe up to and including WILLIS MOTHER FUCKING MCGAHEE ARE YOU SHITTING ME?!?

Jesus... I feel dumber just for having read it.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Got it.

Leach, Haloti92, et al.... This is the tripe we're talking about. This is who we are talking about when we say that there are some posters who will literally

give credit to everyone but Joe up to and including WILLIS MOTHER FUCKING MCGAHEE ARE YOU SHITTING ME?!?

Please don't feel dumb for reading this post. But, if you're reading your prior posts then, well,.....

Blog Entries

Got it.

Leach, Haloti92, et al.... This is the tripe we're talking about. This is who we are talking about when we say that there are some posters who will literally give credit to everyone but Joe up to and including WILLIS MOTHER FUCKING MCGAHEE ARE YOU SHITTING ME?!?

:word

This shit goes back to the first and second page. You had guys literally arguing the exact opposite. Team wins, but Joe losses.

Some folks are just ridiculous in whatever bias they may have, don't let it get to ya.

Got it.

Don't you have an ignore list? WTF are you doing, engaging in this argument?

/sheesh
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Got it.

Leach, Haloti92, et al.... This is the tripe we're talking about. This is who we are talking about when we say that there are some posters who will literally

give credit to everyone but Joe up to and including WILLIS MOTHER FUCKING MCGAHEE ARE YOU SHITTING ME?!?

Seriously ASB, I give Joe all of the credit deserved when deserved. The Ravens are lucky to have him when he's on, and no one is better when he's on. But what do the Ravens do when he's not? And we've all seen him when he's not.
    PS, the Willis Magahee props goes back to that long run with a stiff arm, forgot who agaisnt, but it was a thing a beauty I'll always remember.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    PS, the Willis Magahee props goes back to that long run with a stiff arm, forgot who agaisnt, but it was a thing a beauty I'll always remember.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Thanks!!!!!!

Got it.

I don't think he is giving credit "to everyone but Joe." He seems to be mentioning simply that we have had some good players on the team who contributed greatly to the wins. These discussions are ALWAYS about how much Joe contributes, not whether or not he contributes, when we are talking about the wins.

That exchange started when you brought up the Ravens record and asked whether Joe deserved "credit" for them. That question can be interpreted many ways. Any credit? Some credit? All credit? etc. I seriously doubt DonMass would argue Joe has not had any good games in those 54 wins where one would give the lion's share of "credit" for the win to Joe. The issue is not about whether Joe has contributed to wins, because every non-winless QB has contributed something to some win. The issue is how much he has contributed to those 54 wins. That is ALWAYS the question. Some people think random, average, NFL QB XYZ would have won 50 games vs 54 had they been here for that time. Some others think 34 vs 54.

No one can "win" the argument, but too often people use fallacies while trying to support their point. One is pretending that a person who argues that others contributed to the wins means the person is arguing that Joe contributed nothing to the wins. The floor is not "nothing," the floor is better described as "nothing special," even if that is also subjective and open to debate.

And I could easily put up examples of my mirror image response if we are going to misconstrue people's arguments. I can find plenty of examples where people appear to argue that Joe's poor statistical performances can be fully explained by: dropped passes, poor protection, terrible OC, etc, without ever listing Joe as responsible in any way (similar to Don's list above). These responses usually come on the heels of someone else claiming Joe deserves blame for a loss (similar to your claim that Joe deserves "credit" for the wins).

In short, I don't think Don is saying what you are implying he is saying when he posts that list/response to your statement.