Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Joe 'Manned Up'

Blog Entries

Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Pretty sure Kolb got a 6-year deal for a bit less than $64M. And he only got $12M guaranteed in a backloaded structure making it nowhere near the risky investment we are talking about with Flacco. Plus, much like the Vick deal, once a deal is established as terrible, then it becomes much harder to use it as an example another team will repeat or rely on.

It really comes down to whether the Ravens or Joe or we think he should be paid like the SB-winning QBs or whether he should be paid a bit below them (and above Kolb, Cassel, etc). Vick's deal was terrible, and Rivers' deal was large but came off of an absolutely monster season (so did Big Ben's).
    Give Flacco a backloaded deal and you guys will be bitching about how it pinches the cap in the out years.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Give Flacco a backloaded deal and you guys will be bitching about how it pinches the cap in the out years.
    The 'Cancel' button was the correct choice after typing that, not the 'Post Quick Reply' button.

Hey bacchys--the difference between our posts is that I'm telling you what I think, and you're telling me what I think. I don't really see the point in carrying on that conversation. I'll just leave it with the sentiment that whatever happens, I hope it's the best thing for the Ravens.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    Hey bacchys--the difference between our posts is that I'm telling you what I think, and you're telling me what I think. I don't really see the point in carrying on that conversation. I'll just leave it with the sentiment that whatever happens, I hope it's the best thing for the Ravens.
    All I've done is point out the sliding standard you've been articulating.

If they win, Flacco gets some small credit. If they lose, it's Flacco's fault because he's the QB.

We do agree that, whatever happens, let's hope it's the best thing for the Ravens. I trust Ozzie won't break the team to pay Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    All I've done is point out the sliding standard you've been articulating.

If they win, Flacco gets some small credit. If they lose, it's Flacco's fault because he's the QB.

We do agree that, whatever happens, let's hope it's the best thing for the Ravens. I trust Ozzie won't break the team to pay Flacco.
    No, you're just showcasing either a) my inability to articulate my thoughts, or b) your inability to understand my thoughts. At this point, don't know which it is, and don't care. Peace.