Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 155

Thread: Joe 'Manned Up'

  1. #76

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'



    Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    I think Jah Reid has played decently at LG since taking over that spot about a month ago. He's not Grubbs quality, but he's not a mammoth liability like Bobbie Williams has been all year.
    You know, you're right.
    For a tackle playing guard, he hasn't been too bad, a solid C- overall
    Here's how FilmStudy (Ken McKusick) has graded him from week to week:

    Raiders -- 47 snaps, 43 blocks, 2 missed, 1 pressure, 1 QH, 1 illegal use of hands, 32 points (.68 per play)

    1st Steelers -- 56 plays, 45 blocks, 2 missed, 0 penetrations, 1 + 1/3 QH, 1 false start, 45 points (.80 per play)

    Chargers -- 78 blocks, 3 missed, 1 penetration, 1 + 0.25 pressures, 1/2 QH, 1/3 sack, 1 false start, 65 points (.74 per play)

    2nd Steelers -- 51 blocks, 3 missed, 1.5 penetrations, 1 pressure, 46 points (.81 per play)

    Redskins -- 51 blocks, 5 missed, 1 penetration, 1 false start, 46 points (.81 per play)

    Broncos -- 54 blocks, 5 missed, 1 pressure, 1/3 sack, 50 points (.82 per play)

    Giants -- 77 plays, 67 blocks, 7 missed, 1 penetration, 1 pressure, 1 QH, 2/3 chop block, 54 points (.70 per play)

    He hasn't been spectacular, but he has been consistent.
    Alright, so maybe we might have just enough at O-line to pull off a Super Bowl victory. Hey, if the Steelers could do it in 2008 and the Giants last season with their lines as bad as they were...




  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    No, it is absolutely important. That's my point.

    A few pages back some made the point that Joe struggles when defenses make the Ravens' offense 1 dimensional. I clearly pointed out that Joe played pretty damn well in the playoffs last year and both the Patriots and Texans made the Ravens 1 dimensional by taking away the run, which would undoubtedly point to the fact that Joe CAN play pretty damn well when Rice has nowhere to run. There is historical evidence backing that up. Can he struggle? Sure, but so can every other QB in the NFL.

    Then, you were quick to point out that both of Flacco's TD's were a result of the Texans goofs. You - and others - were also quick to point out that the Patriots had a poor defense ranking that year. Then you admitted that the Patriots' front 7 was pretty good and that they played really well that game.

    The point is, it is ALL important. You can't single out ONE specific incident and make a claim as if it is truth. It doesn't work that way. Football doesn't work that way.
    I agree with this.

    I think what Dirt said was correct, but what people forget is that I said that Tom Brady struggles a lot of the time too when the ground game isn't working. I bet Brady would have loved to have Stevan Ridley of this year in that SB game against the Giants.

    Point is, most QB's struggle to win games or play well without an effective ground game. And that doesn't mean rushing for 200 yards every game, you can have games like the Bengals in week 1 when we were rushing for like 5.5 yards a carry, but Rice only had 66 rushing yards, yards doesn't matter all that much when you think of it though.




  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Yeah Jah Reid deserves more credit than what he gets around here. The dude has never played guard in his life, let alone the NFL, and after only a handful of starts, he's holding up pretty well making a mistake or two here and there. Some people are making him out to be a bust already, I mean wtf lol. I actually think he could be going into next season as the long term starter at LG if he continues to learn the position and improve, which he has.




  4. #79
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,268
    Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    All I want is for the Ravens #1 pick not to lose games, (which he has with red zone picks, fumbles, deer in the headlight look, duh! ) Hell, I don't even wont him to win games, just don't keep losing them by throwing the game away.
    Wow... Just... I don't think humans have invented the language that can express how mind blowingly, fundamentally, inexcusably terrible this post is.

    I just... Words fail me.

    Leach, care to defend this gem from someone who clearly agrees with you?
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  5. #80
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Western Mass, via Holabird Ave.
    Posts
    1,002
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Wow... Just... I don't think humans have invented the language that can express how mind blowingly, fundamentally, inexcusably terrible this post is.

    I just... Words fail me.

    Leach, care to defend this gem from someone who clearly agrees with you?
    Please explain, Denver, DC, and of course Pitt is waiting to hear why fumbles, stripped balls and picks didn't contribute to their winning.

    I'm so wrong, go back and read those game threads right here on this forum and Flacco is never blamed, right?




  6. #81
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    677

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Wow Dude,i feel like a dentist with that pick that hit a nerve! Worst post ever? C'mon, the truth really must hurt. All over expecting a #1 pick to play like #1 pick? Really.

    Way too many words to even read.

    All I want is for the Ravens #1 pick not to lose games, (which he has with red zone picks, fumbles, deer in the headlight look, duh! ) Hell, I don't even wont him to win games, just don't keep losing them by throwing the game away.
    I uh, I uh...I don't know about this one guys, maybe we should throw him back in the water. Don, you remind me of a guy I work with. He always used that wonderful, 'deer in the headlights' phrase and even chided Flacco for having the gall to throw away a pass instead of 'taking the sack like a man'. What a moron. The both of you. How many games has Flacco actually, 'thrown away'? Gimme a break. Jesus Christ, the mental midgets on this board make me want to hunt the lot of you down, get you in a room and let you scratch each others' eyes out with a spoon. Because it hurts more, you twits.




  7. #82

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Different defenses.
    You're right.
    The Pats' defense was different from the Ravens' D.

    The Pats D had Wilfork living in the Ravens backfield all game.
    The Ravens D did not have Ngata living in the Pats backfield all game.

    The Ravens D produced 3 turnovers.
    The Pats D produced only 1.

    The Pats D made the game saving pass defense.
    The Ravens D never got that chance, thanks to Evans and Cundiff.

    Btw, for those who think Flacco didn't outplay Brady:

    Code:
              Comp.  Att.   Yards    TDs     INTs
    Brady :    22     36     239      0       2     (Brady did have 1 rushing TD)
    Flacco :   22     36     306      2       1




  8. #83
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    677

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Please explain, Denver, DC, and of course Pitt is waiting to hear why fumbles, stripped balls and picks didn't contribute to their winning.

    I'm so wrong, go back and read those game threads right here on this forum and Flacco is never blamed, right?
    Flacco is ALWAYS BLAMED. Even when HE never fucks up, if we lose, it's on Flacco. That's okay, he's the QB, that's part of the job description. When he DOES do the right thing, he STILL gets blamed. The guy can't win.

    What a concept, you mean turnovers help contribute to wins and losses?! Well my STARS! Too bad Flacco isn't the only QB in the game who throws picks and fumbles, otherwise you might not sound like you've recently had a lobotomy.




  9. #84
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,268

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Please explain, Denver, DC, and of course Pitt is waiting to hear why fumbles, stripped balls and picks didn't contribute to their winning.
    Yea... DC wherein the defense surrendered an 8 point lead in the final minute after Flacco threw three TDs. Yea, that's all on Joe though.

    Tell you what, I'll blame Joe for Denver and Pitt, now you explain how he doesn't deserve credit for 54 wins in 79 games.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  10. #85
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    677

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Yea... DC wherein the defense surrendered an 8 point lead in the final minute after Flacco threw three TDs. Yea, that's all on Joe though.

    Tell you what, I'll blame Joe for Denver and Pitt, now you explain how he doesn't deserve credit for 54 wins in 79 games.
    Duh, that was all Ray Rice and our defense that gave us those wins. Joe just kinda stood there like a deer in the headlights and went through the motions. Did he even throw any TDs in those wins? Probably not.




  11. #86
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Western Mass, via Holabird Ave.
    Posts
    1,002
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by rlh445 View Post
    I uh, I uh...I don't know about this one guys, maybe we should throw him back in the water. Don, you remind me of a guy I work with. He always used that wonderful, 'deer in the headlights' phrase and even chided Flacco for having the gall to throw away a pass instead of 'taking the sack like a man'. What a moron. The both of you. How many games has Flacco actually, 'thrown away'? Gimme a break. Jesus Christ, the mental midgets on this board make me want to hunt the lot of you down, get you in a room and let you scratch each others' eyes out with a spoon. Because it hurts more, you twits.
    I wish he had thrown a few more away.

    So bash me, but deny you don't have that pit in your gut waiting to see what Flacco will show up in the playoffs.




  12. #87

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Btw, for those who think Flacco didn't outplay Brady:

    Code:
              Comp.  Att.   Yards    TDs     INTs
    Brady :    22     36     239      0       2     (Brady did have 1 rushing TD)
    Flacco :   22     36     306      2       1
    Okay, so let me get this straight. I bust on Flacco's inability to post consistent passer ratings, to which the response from the apologists is always something along the lines of "who cares, Flacco just wins games!" Now I'm shown a statline in which he clearly outplayed his opponent in terms of passer rating, but lost the game, and now I'm supposed to accept the argument that passer rating actually does matter?

    And y'all think I'm the one that doesn't make consistent arguments...

    Again, someone please explain to me what the metric is for a QB outplaying his opponent while losing the game.




  13. #88
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Western Mass, via Holabird Ave.
    Posts
    1,002
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Yea... DC wherein the defense surrendered an 8 point lead in the final minute after Flacco threw three TDs. Yea, that's all on Joe though.

    Tell you what, I'll blame Joe for Denver and Pitt, now you explain how he doesn't deserve credit for 54 wins in 79 games.

    Chuch Pagano, Ray Lewis, Ray Rice,Willis MaGahee, Rex Ryan, Q, Suggs,....should I go on?




  14. #89
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,268

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Chuch Pagano, Ray Lewis, Ray Rice,Willis MaGahee, Rex Ryan, Q, Suggs,....should I go on?
    In other words, literally everyone but Joe.

    Got it.

    Leach, Haloti92, et al.... This is the tripe we're talking about. This is who we are talking about when we say that there are some posters who will literally give credit to everyone but Joe up to and including WILLIS MOTHER FUCKING MCGAHEE ARE YOU SHITTING ME?!?

    Jesus... I feel dumber just for having read it.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  15. #90
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Western Mass, via Holabird Ave.
    Posts
    1,002
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    In other words, literally everyone but Joe.

    Got it.

    Leach, Haloti92, et al.... This is the tripe we're talking about. This is who we are talking about when we say that there are some posters who will literally



    give credit to everyone but Joe up to and including WILLIS MOTHER FUCKING MCGAHEE ARE YOU SHITTING ME?!?

    Jesus... I feel dumber just for having read it.

    Please don't feel dumb for reading this post. But, if you're reading your prior posts then, well,.....




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland