Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 155

Thread: Joe 'Manned Up'

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Joe 'Manned Up'



    I would just like to comment on Joe's 'manning up' after that humiliating loss to Denver. His performance 'sucked; but he faced the music like a man and said, in effect, that the next two weeks will define who we are as a team. He was a True Professional, and made no bones about his performance, or lack thereof. I give you mega props, Joe - you certainly revealed a lot about your character to me, and many other fans, I am sure. And, this week you delivered big time ... my hats off to you!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton




  2. #2

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Said it a few times, Flacco is all business playing for the Ravens, his money contract will be the same. Joe will be paid for what he has done so far in the NFL, Ravens need to get it done. Joe would be a treasure to certain teams who have the money to spend. Ravens fans have had it great for the last five years, compared to the rest of the leagye( except the patriots). Personally, I want Flacco in a Ravens uniform for his career, reading what the Flacco haters post is entertaining, but the same group can get annoying. Thanks Joe for winning in Baltimore and hope you have a great year in 2013.




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,236
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    It was great what Flacco did, but let's see if this thread will become even more justified after the post season. Joe could essentially become a very rich man if he does all the right things in the play offs.




  4. #4

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Aside from becoming a rich man, he demonstrated something more important, and that is he showed what kind of 'man' he is - character and integrity are worth far more than Ws and Ls, as we would all agree!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton




  5. #5

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    When Joe has confidence in both the gameplan and his teammates, he plays with confidence, and when he plays with confidence, he can beat anybody.
    So, it's going to come down to how well the line and receivers play and how smart the gameplan is.
    I believe Caldwell can get it done, and we now have enough talent on offense as well.
    The real question is: can we keep them healthy, especially at the O-Line because after Oher, Birk, Yanda, and Osemele, we've got nobody who can play even marginally well (other than McKinnie--probably, and maybe Gradkowski?)
    We're going to try to win a Super Bowl with essentially 4 starting O-Linemen it seems.




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Western Mass, via Holabird Ave.
    Posts
    828
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    When Joe has confidence in both the gameplan and his teammates, he plays with confidence, and when he plays with confidence, he can beat anybody.
    So, it's going to come down to how well the line and receivers play and how smart the gameplan is.
    I believe Caldwell can get it done, and we now have enough talent on offense as well.
    The real question is: can we keep them healthy, especially at the O-Line because after Oher, Birk, Yanda, and Osemele, we've got nobody who can play even marginally well (other than McKinnie--probably, and maybe Gradkowski?)
    We're going to try to win a Super Bowl with essentially 4 starting O-Linemen it seems.


    What's he going to do when something breaks down again? At some point all great, good, QB's have
    improv. He's good with too many "whens" when this, if that....When all of the variables are remove and "when" the stars aligned, he can play great.

    He had a great game, no doubt, and compliments to him. But how many of us are waiting, not if, but when that other Joe shows up, and he will.

    I hate to think we've lowered the bar so low as to actually celebrate a #1 draft pick playing like expected. He played as he was expected to play and should play. He was doing his job and I hope he continues.




  7. #7

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    The real question is: can we keep them healthy, especially at the O-Line because after Oher, Birk, Yanda, and Osemele, we've got nobody who can play even marginally well (other than McKinnie--probably, and maybe Gradkowski?)
    We're going to try to win a Super Bowl with essentially 4 starting O-Linemen it seems.
    I think Jah Reid has played decently at LG since taking over that spot about a month ago. He's not Grubbs quality, but he's not a mammoth liability like Bobbie Williams has been all year.




  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    4,772
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Aside from becoming a rich man, he demonstrated something more important, and that is he showed what kind of 'man' he is - character and integrity are worth far more than Ws and Ls, as we would all agree!
    Yeah..... Not in the NFL. Being a nice guy doesn't pay but being a good football player does.




  9. #9

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Yeah..... Not in the NFL. Being a nice guy doesn't pay but being a good football player does.
    That may be true; but character and integrity last a lifetime, and Joe possesses both qualities.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,182
    Op wasn't talking about how Flacco played. He was talking about how before this game, when asked who was responsible for the offense underperforming all season, Joe said that it was 100% him. He didn't use the moment to blame Cam, he didn't complain about his O line, he didn't mention wide receivers needing to be able to beat press coverage. He could have, and those would have all been true, but instead he put it all on his shoulders and said "100% me."

    And look at how his team mates responded.

    Next time someone claims that Joe isn't a leader, I'm just going to link to this post until that meme goes away.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ocean City, MD
    Posts
    201

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    He did the job that he is paid for. He made adjustments and got it done last week. "Manned up" is so cliche.
    Facebook -> Craig.Ciurca
    Twitter -> @papa_ciurca
    Instagram -> @papa_ciurca




  12. #12

    Re: Joe 'Manned Up'

    Quote Originally Posted by Saltwater_Rider View Post
    He did the job that he is paid for. He made adjustments and got it done last week. "Manned up" is so cliche.
    Again, the OP isn't as much talking about his play as he is him taking responsibility for his (and the offense overall) mistakes.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland