Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Might see Webb moved to FS- dont be surprised.

In the future or next season, depending on Ed Reed situation. But eventually you might see Webb moved to FS. He is smart, a playmaker like Reed with great instincts. Plus, now has blown 2 ACL's already a better way to protect him. Plus, this solves the Ed Reed successor problem.

Blog Entries

Re: Might see Webb moved to FS- dont be surprised.

So....take our best CB, hell one of the leagues best CB's and move him back to safety. I dont think so. If anybody gets moved its probably jimmy smith. But it will likely be christian thompson or somebodyvthey draft if reed doesnt come back.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    So....take our best CB, hell one of the leagues best CB's and move him back to safety. I dont think so. If anybody gets moved its probably jimmy smith. But it will likely be christian thompson or somebodyvthey draft if reed doesnt come back.
    He would make a fantastic S, was in college. He has blown his knee out twice in 4 years on benign plays. Plus, this really could be Ed Reed's last year. I dont know how confident Webb will feel as a corner having this happen twice. He could easily blow it out again.

Blog Entries

I could see them moving him back there in a few years, but seriously doubt it next season. They'll draft someone.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    I could see them moving him back there in a few years, but seriously doubt it next season. They'll draft someone.
    I remember the last time Webb blew out his knee, he said it took him two years to feel good about it again. That was last years season. Then again. I dont know.

When they drafted him they described him as "a poor man's Ed Reed". He would be a great free safety, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    In the future or next season, depending on Ed Reed situation. But eventually you might see Webb moved to FS. He is smart, a playmaker like Reed with great instincts. Plus, now has blown 2 ACL's already a better way to protect him. Plus, this solves the Ed Reed successor problem.
    Not happening. He's our best CB.

And here I am thinking that ridiculous threads only creep up after a loss.

Shame on me I suppose.

Blog Entries
    Why does this always pop up? You don't move an all pro corner to safety unless they are too old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Why does this always pop up? You don't move an all pro corner to safety unless they are too old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Usually yes, but the Ravens are in a unique situation. Webb would be a fantastic Safety. Webb has torn his ACL twice in 4 years. I'm not sure playing Webb at CB is in the clubs or his best interest. Especially with the amount of corners the Ravens have. Next year, I would love to see a healthy 100% Webb at CB and Reed back, but injuries and the cap might prevent that. I remember Webb talking about recovering from his ACL tear and said it took him 2 years to feel right and confident in it. This happening a second time will make it even more difficult mentally.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Usually yes, but the Ravens are in a unique situation. Webb would be a fantastic Safety. Webb has torn his ACL twice in 4 years. I'm not sure playing Webb at CB is in the clubs or his best interest. Especially with the amount of corners the Ravens have. Next year, I would love to see a healthy 100% Webb at CB and Reed back, but injuries and the cap might prevent that. I remember Webb talking about recovering from his ACL tear and said it took him 2 years to feel right and confident in it. This happening a second time will make it even more difficult mentally.
    Last time I think he tore it later in the season? The only thing I could find was this:

"The good news is that Webb is on pace to return to the team perhaps as early as offseason workouts in May or June."
    Way Down South in New Orleans

iggyman555 Guest

asa Jackson