Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Might see Webb moved to FS- dont be surprised.

In the future or next season, depending on Ed Reed situation. But eventually you might see Webb moved to FS. He is smart, a playmaker like Reed with great instincts. Plus, now has blown 2 ACL's already a better way to protect him. Plus, this solves the Ed Reed successor problem.

Blog Entries

Re: Might see Webb moved to FS- dont be surprised.

So....take our best CB, hell one of the leagues best CB's and move him back to safety. I dont think so. If anybody gets moved its probably jimmy smith. But it will likely be christian thompson or somebodyvthey draft if reed doesnt come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    In the future or next season, depending on Ed Reed situation. But eventually you might see Webb moved to FS. He is smart, a playmaker like Reed with great instincts. Plus, now has blown 2 ACL's already a better way to protect him. Plus, this solves the Ed Reed successor problem.
    Not happening. He's our best CB.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    So....take our best CB, hell one of the leagues best CB's and move him back to safety. I dont think so. If anybody gets moved its probably jimmy smith. But it will likely be christian thompson or somebodyvthey draft if reed doesnt come back.
    He would make a fantastic S, was in college. He has blown his knee out twice in 4 years on benign plays. Plus, this really could be Ed Reed's last year. I dont know how confident Webb will feel as a corner having this happen twice. He could easily blow it out again.

Blog Entries

I could see them moving him back there in a few years, but seriously doubt it next season. They'll draft someone.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    I could see them moving him back there in a few years, but seriously doubt it next season. They'll draft someone.
    I remember the last time Webb blew out his knee, he said it took him two years to feel good about it again. That was last years season. Then again. I dont know.

When they drafted him they described him as "a poor man's Ed Reed". He would be a great free safety, I think.

How many times can this be brought up?

Don't be surprised if someone else suggests this within a week.

No way is our best corner going to safety

You do get top corners going to safety, Ron Woodson, Ronde Barber, etc
    But they are all over 30!

Webb is still a young 'un and the best we have

Blog Entries

Barring emergency circumstances, Lardarius Webb would have to prove himself severely ineffective at CB, before being moved to S. The emergency circumstance would be Reed's replacement being the worst S ever.

Actually, Webb should know how to handle the recovery better this time, having experienced it before.

Neither him nor Jimmy are going to be moved to safety. Jimmy, other than just staying healthy, just needs a DC who will use him properly. He was drafted to be a shutdown press CB, not play 15 yards off of the ball. Pagano used him right. Pees has not.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

If anyone is moved to S its Jimmy Smith. Webb is our best CB and you dont pay a safety $10M a year not even Reed is his prime is worth that kind of money for a safety

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Barring emergency circumstances, Lardarius Webb would have to prove himself severely ineffective at CB, before being moved to S. The emergency circumstance would be Reed's replacement being the worst S ever.

Actually, Webb should know how to handle the recovery better this time, having experienced it before.

Neither him nor Jimmy are going to be moved to safety. Jimmy, other than just staying healthy, just needs a DC who will use him properly. He was drafted to be a shutdown press CB, not play 15 yards off of the ball. Pagano used him right. Pees has not.
    This!