Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Might see Webb moved to FS- dont be surprised.

No team is moving an elite CB to S in the prime of their career, regardless of how black a hole said team's safety position is. Besides, they will have no problem finding a decent safety elsewhere - look at our own team, Pollard by all accounts was having a really good year, a Pro Bowl type season even. Since he's been out and Ihedigbo has been in, has anyone really noticed a major drop off in play there? I really haven't noticed much difference.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

I think the Ravens will sign Glover Quinn, he will be yet another Texan who excels even more in Bmore!

If we move on from Ed Reed there are other safeties out there

Jairus Byrd would top the list in free agency this off season.
    Excellent young player

Just giving an example

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    If we move on from Ed Reed there are other safeties out there

Jairus Byrd would top the list in free agency this off season.
    Excellent young player

Just giving an example
    He is great but will likely be out of our price range, where as a Glover Quinn will come cheaper.

Ain't gonna happen!!
    Odds on favorite is that Cary Williams is gone and Jimmy Smith can't be trusted to be what they were hoping he'd be by now.
    Dude can't even stay on the field much less be relied on to be top tier.
    Webb just got payed a new contract IIRC and it wasn't to be a safety.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

6. Re: Might see Webb moved to FS- dont be surprised.

Webb will be our safety.

5 or more years from now.
    He's too good at CB and too young to be moved there before he's 32 or older.

Webb will not be playing S anytime soon.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

And here I am thinking that ridiculous threads only creep up after a loss.

Shame on me I suppose.

Even thought Webbie played a little safety in college, this idea ain't comin' to fruition anytime soon. I realize the front office proliferates the "best player available" mantra when it comes to the draft, but come April, we will select a safety at some point. Bacarri Rambo, anyone??

If you look at the cap situation, I dont think Ed Reed will be back. Moving Webb to S for a year makes good sense, easier position than CB, he has a very high football IQ. Plus, off of 2 ACL's he needs a buffer year and will his knees holdup to play CB is a valid question? Plus, with Graham, Brown and Smith and possibly Jackson or resigning Cary Williams you are set a CB for next year. If it fails at CB then if Webb is able to move back to CB you do that. Webb at FS can be Ed Reed part deaux. I just dont know if they trust Webb's knees, both knee injuries weren't gruesome but freakish WTF's types. Two torn ACL's isnt good for a corner news for a corner.

Blog Entries
    Why does this always pop up? You don't move an all pro corner to safety unless they are too old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Why does this always pop up? You don't move an all pro corner to safety unless they are too old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Usually yes, but the Ravens are in a unique situation. Webb would be a fantastic Safety. Webb has torn his ACL twice in 4 years. I'm not sure playing Webb at CB is in the clubs or his best interest. Especially with the amount of corners the Ravens have. Next year, I would love to see a healthy 100% Webb at CB and Reed back, but injuries and the cap might prevent that. I remember Webb talking about recovering from his ACL tear and said it took him 2 years to feel right and confident in it. This happening a second time will make it even more difficult mentally.