Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Who was the First round Pick.. Jimmy Smith or Chykie Brown?

I think one of the reasons Chykie was seen a lot in yesterday's game was because Eli targeted him repeatedly. Brown got beat on Hixon's TD, but overall, he had a decent game. Having said that, I don't think he can overtake a healthy Jimmy Smith, regardless of how disappointing Smith has played.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    I think one of the reasons Chykie was seen a lot in yesterday's game was because Eli targeted him repeatedly. Brown got beat on Hixon's TD, but overall, he had a decent game. Having said that, I don't think he can overtake a healthy Jimmy Smith, regardless of how disappointing Smith has played.
    Yep, Brown did well, but he doesnt have the size or speed of Smith. Smith just needs to get healthy is all. Brown is more of inside slot nickel back. But that comes to show you what a good consistent pass rush can do for corners. Thats the most Manning has been pressured all year long. Give most of the credit to the pass rush. Smith could move to S, he has the skillset however. Ed actually didnt play that good a game, gambled alot and wasnt burned all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    explain why Chykie was pressing this week and the corners were playing off the previous 15 weeks??
    I couldn't tell you. I am not in the meetings. It obviously is something they saw on tape with the Eli and the off receiver I would imagine. Pees isn't the first coordinator that has had the 2nd CB play off. Do you remember all the heat they used to give Samari Rolle?

Blog Entries

If Pees played Jimmy in the press the way that Pagano did, Jimmy would look fine when he is in there.

New York's WRs were banged up. There will be tougher competitions to come.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Blog Entries

Chykie Brown played his butt off but I am not ready to give up on Jimmy. Call it the Paul Kruger rule. Kruger was a waste of a roster spot his first two seasons now he's one of our best pass rushers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    If Pees played Jimmy in the press the way that Pagano did, Jimmy would look fine when he is in there.

New York's WRs were banged up.
    Too bad. Half our defense was out the entire year and we still
    won 10 games and the division with a good chance for 1 more win
    and even more in the playoffs.

We're one tough team.

Hmm..Chykie Brown or Danny Gorrer?
    Looks like the coaches/FO made the right call.

Quote Originally Posted by YorkRavensFan View Post
    Maybe time to consider moving Jimmy to Ed's spot next year?
    I don't think that Jimmy Smith has the football smarts to play Ed's position.

Blog Entries
    I thought Chykie Brown was a solid pick up then and I still feel the same way now. Guy is a good player and he was a solid corner at Texas.

Loved the guy's speed coming out of college.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    I don't think that Jimmy Smith has the football smarts to play Ed's position.
    If you move anyone in this group to FS it's Webb. Pollard thumps, Webbie jumps--not a bad combination. Give Jimmie an offseason with the training staff & he'll be fine.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    If you move anyone in this group to FS it's Webb. Pollard thumps, Webbie jumps--not a bad combination. Give Jimmie an offseason with the training staff & he'll be fine.
    I agree about Jimmy, buy I dont understand moving an all pro corner to safety.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I agree about Jimmy, buy I dont understand moving an all pro corner to safety.

There's no way we can move Webb to safety unless the coaching staff are totally sold on Brown and Graham as corners next year. I'll be very happy to see Cary Williams and Jimmy Smith gone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post

There's no way we can move Webb to safety unless the coaching staff are totally sold on Brown and Graham as corners next year. I'll be very happy to see Cary Williams and Jimmy Smith gone.
    I think you are underestimating Jimmy big time. Corey Graham never saw the field in Chicago and look at him here.

I still think Jimmy could be a good player and you can never have enough depth at corner.

Webb, Jimmy, Graham, C. Brown, and Asa Jackson is nice depth for next season.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Blog Entries

Only reason I really see Webb at corner is if his knee isn't 100% and he doesn't have the same fluidity. Then I'd be in favor of it for a year til he gets back to his old form.