Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Who was the First round Pick.. Jimmy Smith or Chykie Brown?

Chykie had a great game because Eli targeted him damn near every play. Eli isn't dumb, whos their weakest link? He attacked Cary at first and got one big completion than moved to the next weakest link. Chykie stepped up though for sure. But it was just like Flacco picking on Webster. Good QB's do that. Attack the weakest link.

What speaks more is that Eli didn't really bother looking Graham's way too much. I really think that was our best FA pickup this offseason.

Lol..the man in your sig took three years to blossom and with similar injury concerns. Chykie played well, but that's no reason to question where we got Jimmy.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    I don't think Pees is feeling the hot seat just yet to be honest. He is going to get mostly a pass for the defense this season because of all the injuries and how the D has played very well in spurts. See last night and the first 6 possessions against Manning. If the offense had scored some points and kept the D off the field a little bit, that game could have been a lot different.
    explain why Chykie was pressing this week and the corners were playing off the previous 15 weeks??

I think one of the reasons Chykie was seen a lot in yesterday's game was because Eli targeted him repeatedly. Brown got beat on Hixon's TD, but overall, he had a decent game. Having said that, I don't think he can overtake a healthy Jimmy Smith, regardless of how disappointing Smith has played.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    I think one of the reasons Chykie was seen a lot in yesterday's game was because Eli targeted him repeatedly. Brown got beat on Hixon's TD, but overall, he had a decent game. Having said that, I don't think he can overtake a healthy Jimmy Smith, regardless of how disappointing Smith has played.
    Yep, Brown did well, but he doesnt have the size or speed of Smith. Smith just needs to get healthy is all. Brown is more of inside slot nickel back. But that comes to show you what a good consistent pass rush can do for corners. Thats the most Manning has been pressured all year long. Give most of the credit to the pass rush. Smith could move to S, he has the skillset however. Ed actually didnt play that good a game, gambled alot and wasnt burned all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    explain why Chykie was pressing this week and the corners were playing off the previous 15 weeks??
    I couldn't tell you. I am not in the meetings. It obviously is something they saw on tape with the Eli and the off receiver I would imagine. Pees isn't the first coordinator that has had the 2nd CB play off. Do you remember all the heat they used to give Samari Rolle?

Blog Entries

If Pees played Jimmy in the press the way that Pagano did, Jimmy would look fine when he is in there.

New York's WRs were banged up. There will be tougher competitions to come.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Chykie Brown played his butt off but I am not ready to give up on Jimmy. Call it the Paul Kruger rule. Kruger was a waste of a roster spot his first two seasons now he's one of our best pass rushers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    If Pees played Jimmy in the press the way that Pagano did, Jimmy would look fine when he is in there.

New York's WRs were banged up.
    Too bad. Half our defense was out the entire year and we still
    won 10 games and the division with a good chance for 1 more win
    and even more in the playoffs.

We're one tough team.

10. Re: Who was the First round Pick.. Jimmy Smith or Chykie Brown?

Hmm..Chykie Brown or Danny Gorrer?
    Looks like the coaches/FO made the right call.

Quote Originally Posted by YorkRavensFan View Post
    Maybe time to consider moving Jimmy to Ed's spot next year?
    I don't think that Jimmy Smith has the football smarts to play Ed's position.

Blog Entries
    I thought Chykie Brown was a solid pick up then and I still feel the same way now. Guy is a good player and he was a solid corner at Texas.

Loved the guy's speed coming out of college.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.