Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Flacco Closing in on 4,000 yards.

Passing yards care. I don't see anyone posting his yards per attempt which currently is the same from his 2009 season.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Actually it's what the team does in the Post Season. However if the Ravens get to the Super Bowl Joe will get the money he's looking for.

It's crazy though how 4,000 yards means nothing anymore. It wasn't that long ago when breaking 3,000 put you in the top 5 in the league. It's sad how they've killed defense.
    I'd argue that 4000 yards is a big deal for Flacco, even if it isn't a rare feat for top NFL QBs. For him to reach this mark despite his inconsistent play further reiterates the fact that the sky is the limit for J5.

It's funny how some people forget so easily. I for one remember the years when 3k was a big deal here. Let me give you the list who never reached that 4k milestone here in Baltimore:

Harbaugh
    Blake
    Banks
    Boller
    Mitchell
    Redmen
    Grbac
    McNair

So hell yes it's a big deal, but more importantly, it's wins and losses that matter the most. Joe has a remarkable record in that category. Unfortunately not many want to give him any credit, or they won't until he wins the big one.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    And if he gets hurt vs the team that leads the NFL in sacks and rattles his confidence before a playoff game? Doubt it. Bengal backups vs Raven backups bowl. He might get a series or two.
    Did they take him out in garbage time yesterday? Nope.

He'll play. Ed won't, Boldin won't, Ray Rice might not get many touches, but Flacco plays.

And if he gets hurt vs the team that leads the NFL in sacks and rattles his confidence before a playoff game? Doubt it. Bengal backups vs Raven backups bowl. He might get a series or two.
    I wonder if your be around to eat crow when Joe is playing in the 2nd half.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Joe's going to be judged by what other people, and with a thumb on the scales.

If postseason play is the primary criteria, Peyton Manning sucks donkey balls and Little Brother is twice the QB he'll ever be.
    Huh? Peyton Manning won a SB. Who cares. IMO it's not play off success unless you win the big one. I'd rather win a SB and go one and done for the next 4 years than constantly put up with AFCCG or divisional game losses every year.

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    Passing yards care. I don't see anyone posting his yards per attempt which currently is the same from his 2009 season.
    Actually I believe his 252.2 yards per game is currently his career high right now.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

For all the crap that Flacco gets, he's closing in on 4,000 yards, and current has a 22-10 TD-INT ratio. Not too shabby.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Huh? Peyton Manning won a SB. Who cares. IMO it's not play off success unless you win the big one. I'd rather win a SB and go one and done for the next 4 years than constantly put up with AFCCG or divisional game losses every year.
    Peyton Manning was carried to that Super Bowl by Bob Sanders. His "playoff performance" was mediocre at best that year. If we're to judge him by the standard you want to set for Flacco- who played well enough in the playoffs last year to put us in the Super Bowl- Peyton Manning is at best a mediocre quarterback who chokes in big games.

Shoot, I guess we can throw Marino on the list of not-good-enough QB's, too.

Players should be judged by their whole body of work, with consideration given to the context in which they play. We also shouldn't confuse team accomplishments with individual accomplishments: no single player ever won a Super Bowl.

Frankly I disagree. For me there is the regular seasons where I always want my team to play hard and playing meaningfull games in week 16-17. As much as I hate to fail in the POs, I hate even more seasons like 2005 and 2007!

And as for one and done 2006 would have hurt less, if we at least had won that Colts game.

Btw if Steelers can, so can we.

i doubt it, they put the NE game at 1pm and Denver at 4pm. Plus, Bengals have nothing to gain by winning at all still 6th seed. Joe might see a quarter if that. Having a hail mary shot a 4th seed isnt worth playing your starters when you have an important game the next week. They will be game planning for the Colts all week this week and next week, not the Bengals. They know the Bengals and see them twice a year. It will be like the 4th preseason game.
    The NE game is at 4. Having a hail mary shot at a 4th seed? First of all, we can do no worse than the 4 seed. The question is whether we get the 3 seed. If NE loses and we win, we would get the 3 seed...so I don't think that's exactly a "hail mary" scenario. That said, I'd much rather have to go back to Houston, then Denver. If Houston beats Indy this week, they would be the 1 seed. I don't think Indy is playing for anything this week...they're the 5 seed either way, right? So it would be pretty surprising if Houston didn't take the one seed. In summation, let's rest everybody and take the four seed and let NE go to Denver.

But how long did that take for Peyton? 12 years? I think that was his point.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2