Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Bengals Next Week (Playoff Implications)

How's this for parity...

The Patriots could lose next week along with a Ravens win, and be the #4 seed.
    OTOH, If the Pats win, couple with Houston and Denver losses, they would be the #1 seed.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: Better off with the 4th seed

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I say rest everyone, make it a defacto bye week and focus on the home playoff game.

We can move up to the three seed but I don't see the benefit for us. In fact, I'd much rather face the Colts and their suspect D line.
    I agree. Rest everyone that needs it or could benefit from it. I'm concerning myself with the 1st round game, not where we might go after that.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I say rest everyone, make it a defacto bye week and focus on the home playoff game.

We can move up to the three seed but I don't see the benefit for us. In fact, I'd much rather face the Colts and their suspect D line.
    I can see the necessity of resting Ngata, Suggs and Pollard but we can't rest too many players as they're already milking the depth players for all they're worth.

Blog Entries

The WNST article is correct if Miami beats New England this weekend (who knows, BB could rest players). But otherwise I don't think it is a big deal either way.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The Pats will not beat Denver on the road. The Pats are as good as Vince Wilfork and he can't put back to back games at his highest level...
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Yep I'm in the camp of resting alot of the defensive starters, mainly Ed, Ngata, Suggs. Ray needs to get some snaps but not too many just enough to work up a sweat and get back into "gameshape".

The offense should all see the first half, and thats it. I'd even pull Pierce after that and let Allen take the touches.

Realitstically the Bungles aren't game planning for Tyrod, and will prob be resting alot of their starters also. So hand Tyrod and Co a decent 10 point lead or so and they should still be able to get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    How's this for parity...

The Patriots could lose next week along with a Ravens win, and be the #4 seed.
    OTOH, If the Pats win, couple with Houston and Denver losses, they would be the #1 seed.
    Parity is evident even more so in the NFC, the final 5 seeds have yet to be finalized and 9 teams are still in the hunt.

Since we had three separate threads going on about what seed we should get and should we rest starters, they were all merged here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    And herein lies the great debate. Do we rest starters for a more significant playoff push? Or do we play the damn game like it's any other Sunday and try to win? (Despite the fact it's unlikely Miami can beat NE in NE?)
    This team needs work. I wouldn't rest anyone whose healthy. It's time to get on a roll and put the wins together. They can't just turn it on when they need it.

10. Re: Better off with the 4th seed

If the Ravens end up with the 4th seed what day do you think we will play Saturday or Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjeff545 View Post
    If the Ravens end up with the 4th seed what day do you think we will play Saturday or Sunday?
    I'd guess the Saturday prime-time game will be Redskins/Cowboys vs. Seahawks, which would probably make the Ravens/Colts the Saturday afternoon game. In terms of national interest, you have to figure Ravens/Colts is regarded as either 3rd or 4th out of the 4 matchups.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    This team needs work. I wouldn't rest anyone whose healthy. It's time to get on a roll and put the wins together. They can't just turn it on when they need it.
    This team needs the momentum - go into Cincy all guns blazing and destroy them. Yes, then likely the Colts - which'll be tougher than most realise, I think. It'd certainly be sweet to finally get the playoff win over them. Hoping to get the Texans after that (however which way it is) as I'd much rather play a Texans side that are tensing up and trailing off rather than Brady or Manning which an extra week to prepare for us.

That said, I agree with a previous comment - if you're going to do a Giants, you need to beat the best on the way. And who knows, the Ravens have been the league's dark horse all year.