Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Bengals Next Week (Playoff Implications)

Everything sitting right now is best case scenario. We get the Colts at home. Cinnci travels to NE. Provided NE beats Cinnci and we beat the Colts we would travel to Houston and that sends another Brady-Manning matchup. I'd rather face Houston than either to be honest, esp with Foster and his injury concern.

Conondrum!

I was sitting here thinking ( which is always a scary proposition for me! ) about next weeks game - and I am tore on what I want to happen. I am limiting this to the offense for now.

On one hand, I want to see all hands on deck, and my rational is as follows... The one big criticism of Joe, and the offense in general, is being inconsistent. We had a stellar effort Sunday, and now I want to see it in back to back games and on the road. It would be great to head into the playoffs with some mo' on offense. And at first blush, it's easy to say just play them for a half. But we have seen them being a different team in the same game. Watching them play another 4 quarters of quality football going into the play-offs would be huge IMO, and maybe lay to rest a bit some perfectly legitimate concerns we have about the offense.
    On the other, I don't want to see a major injury in a pretty much meaningless game. And getting some banged up guys like Yanda, now Q, etc some rest is a major plus as well. And with the changes it appears the offense has made, maybe keeping it a bit under wraps will make it tough for teams to game plan for us with a limited sample size?

What do you guys think??

Re: Conondrum!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBALL View Post
    I was sitting here thinking ( which is always a scary proposition for me! ) about next weeks game - and I am tore on what I want to happen. I am limiting this to the offense for now.

On one hand, I want to see all hands on deck, and my rational is as follows... The one big criticism of Joe, and the offense in general, is being inconsistent. We had a stellar effort Sunday, and now I want to see it in back to back games and on the road. It would be great to head into the playoffs with some mo' on offense. And at first blush, it's easy to say just play them for a half. But we have seen them being a different team in the same game. Watching them play another 4 quarters of quality football going into the play-offs would be huge IMO, and maybe lay to rest a bit some perfectly legitimate concerns we have about the offense.
    On the other, I don't want to see a major injury in a pretty much meaningless game. And getting some banged up guys like Yanda, now Q, etc some rest is a major plus as well. And with the changes it appears the offense has made, maybe keeping it a bit under wraps will make it tough for teams to game plan for us with a limited sample size?

What do you guys think??
    Put in Taylor and let Joe and all of the injured rest up! I don't care if the final score is Bengals 55 - Ravens 0. Remember the Cardinals a few years ago! They looked terrible by the end of the regular season but they won their weak division so they could host a home game. A few upsets later, they were in the SB.

Re: Bengals Next Week (Playoff Implications)

After thinking about it some more we should play the starters the entire game We need wins, momentum and offensive continuity going into the playoffs. We can sit back, relax and expect to pick up where we left off. This offense is not built that way. Caldwell needs every opportunity to build on yesterday's performance.

Blog Entries

I see no reason to play any starters more than a series or two at most. No reason to give away more offensive formations/plays in the playbook either. Save it for the playoffs. Remember 2003? The game is completely meaningless, don't make the same mistake Billick did that year.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

I remember the first game of the season. I'd really like the first string Ravens to play and give us a shot at beating the best. Marvin says he's not resting anyone.

Blog Entries

I'd rest on D Suggs, Ellerbe, Ngata, J. Smith,

On O, Give Joe most of the first half, completely split Rice and Pierce, rest Torrey, Boldin (if he can even play) and Dickson.

In order to get the 3 seed we'd have to win AND have the Patriots lose, I'd rather be as healthy as possible.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    In order to get the 3 seed we'd have to win AND have the Patriots lose, I'd rather be as healthy as possible.
    Why would you want the 3 seed anyway? If that were to happen it means we play the Bengals instead of the Colts. I'd much rather play the Colts than the Bengals...and also means that if both 3/4 win, we go to Denver instead of Houston...and I'd much rather play the Texans than the Broncos. Absolutely nothing to gain from being the 3 seed.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Why would you want the 3 seed anyway? If that were to happen it means we play the Bengals instead of the Colts. I'd much rather play the Colts than the Bengals...and also means that if both 3/4 win, we go to Denver instead of Houston...and I'd much rather play the Texans than the Broncos. Absolutely nothing to gain from being the 3 seed.
    Broncos Houston, Not much difference really, both are good. I agree I'd rather play Houston than at mile high but Relaint is loud too from what I understand.

I didn't say I wanted the 3 seed, just most thinking you want the highest seed possible so you get the bet chance of home games.

iggyman555 Guest

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

John harbaugh said no major injuries just a shoulder bruise for anquan boldin

One thing to bear in mind as I'm not sure it's been mentioned:

If the Ravens are at home vs the Colts, they're playing on 5th Jan as the night game, so a 8pm start (EST). History says it will be.

Think that's nice as it gives an additional day before the divisional round.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I see no reason to play any starters more than a series or two at most. No reason to give away more offensive formations/plays in the playbook either. Save it for the playoffs. Remember 2003? The game is completely meaningless, don't make the same mistake Billick did that year.
    The only problem is the timing of promoting Caldwell. If Cameron was still here, I would say yes rest everyone definitely. Of course if Cameron was still here we might be playing for the division so even that would make it a tough decision.

But the fact is that this would be Caldwell's first road game as the OC. It's only a week after he started changing the offensive system. The offense needs those reps. Especially knowing we're going to have to likely play the AFCC away.

Defensively you can sit people. I am also not as worried about losing the game in that regard. Although look at guys like Josh Bynes and Chykie Brown who are starting to come on now. Playing them isn't exactly a detriment to the defense at this point.

But the offense needs to play.