Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who was the First round Pick.. Jimmy Smith or Chykie Brown?

Because it looked to me like Chykie brown is ready for the big time. He was balling out there.. Chykie is one of my favourite players on the team. He has worked his way up from a practice squad player, to being our best corner last night.

Jimmy Smith guys...... When will it come together for this guy? This season was basically a waste. I'm patient because it is his second season. But man he just seems like a big Athletic guy out there. You need skill to play Corner, which he just doesn't seem to have the skills needed to play the position. Hopefully Year 3 is better than Year 2.

That said Chykie brown. Props to you. I'm loving the way this guy is playing right now. He is a big physical corner as well. He is only an inch shorter than Jimmy Smith, and he is almost as big. He has gotten better throughout the season. Last night was almost Shutdown stuff, because they definitely threw at him quite a bit. He held his own for sure. Here's to him getting better.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    Because it looked to me like Chykie brown is ready for the big time. He was balling out there.. Chykie is one of my favourite players on the team. He has worked his way up from a practice squad player, to being our best corner last night.

Jimmy Smith guys...... When will it come together for this guy? This season was basically a waste. I'm patient because it is his second season. But man he just seems like a big Athletic guy out there. You need skill to play Corner, which he just doesn't seem to have the skills needed to play the position. Hopefully Year 3 is better than Year 2.

That said Chykie brown. Props to you. I'm loving the way this guy is playing right now. He is a big physical corner as well. He is only an inch shorter than Jimmy Smith, and he is almost as big. He has gotten better throughout the season. Last night was almost Shutdown stuff, because they definitely threw at him quite a bit. He held his own for sure. Here's to him getting better.
    Jimmy Smith has been dealing with a sports hernia. Not ready to give up on him because he can't cover with a tear on his insides.

Re: Who was the First round Pick.. Jimmy Smith or Chykie Brown?

Brown was everywhere last night; heard his name repeatedly.

Hopefully him and Hamilton (yes, I'm beating that horse) can be the diamonds in the rough that we haven't found in a while.

Blog Entries

The play of Graham and Brown have rendered Jimmy Smith completely irrelevant. Brown looks like a real keeper, for a 6th round pick you can't ask for more than what he's given us.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Well, you don't render a #1 draft pick completely useless at this stage even if he is. See Michael Oher. They'll stick with Jimmy for a while too and rightly so.

JImmy was the guy most of us wanted in the draft. He was a top 10 pick who fell because of some early baggage at Colorado but was clean his last 3 years in college and has been squeaky clean up here.

However, after seldom or never missing a game in college to injuries he's been hurt since day 1 and that has slowed him down plus
    some probs learning the position according to reports posted in
    this forum.

The jury is still out on Jimmy but if he can beat the injury bug he should still be a shut down corner in the C-MAC mold and having the guys posted above and Webb back makes it one of the best..

And don't forget, Pagano the guy we all love was instrumental in communicating with his contacts at Colorado to ensure Jimmy was clean and he aided in bringing him here. PAGS pushed for Jimmy as our #1 pick big time.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 12-24-2012 at 02:02 PM.

Blog Entries

can't remember how many times I saw Chykie in the middle of a big play. He had a great game - PROPS!!!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Yeah, Chykie Brown had a good game. I started a thread on this yesterday that looks like it died now, but Jimmy did not play a single snap despite being active. I don't even think he saw time on special teams.

I would just chalk that up to Smith's health at this point... the team must think he's only able to play at a replacement level at this point. Let him continue to get healthy and then make a better judgment.

It seemed like they had Chykie playing like Jimmy should be, right in the receivers face.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Yeah, Chykie Brown had a good game. I started a thread on this yesterday that looks like it died now, but Jimmy did not play a single snap despite being active. I don't even think he saw time on special teams.

I would just chalk that up to Smith's health at this point... the team must think he's only able to play at a replacement level at this point. Let him continue to get healthy and then make a better judgment.
    Definately not writing him off..

This thread was more praising Brown than putting Smith down. That said i am just really impressed with Brown is all. For a 6th round pick, he has really stepped up.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    It seemed like they had Chykie playing like Jimmy should be, right in the receivers face.
    yea i noticed that too hmmmm..maybe pees is feeling the hot seat lol

Maybe time to consider moving Jimmy to Ed's spot next year?

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    yea i noticed that too hmmmm..maybe pees is feeling the hot seat lol
    I don't think Pees is feeling the hot seat just yet to be honest. He is going to get mostly a pass for the defense this season because of all the injuries and how the D has played very well in spurts. See last night and the first 6 possessions against Manning. If the offense had scored some points and kept the D off the field a little bit, that game could have been a lot different.