Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boldin Injury?

Blog Entries

Re: Boldin Injury?

Leave it to Harbaugh to call it a shoulder bruise. It's probably something worse that a guy as tough as Boldin just flinches at.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    that criticism has been warranted. He has dropped a ton of balls this season. With how streaky Joe has been, he really needs guys to hold on to the ball when he puts it on them. Boldin gets paid like a top receiver in the game. He needs to hold on to the ball most games like he did against the Giants and that isn't the case.
    It just seemed like this offense hasn't been able to overcome drops and things of that nature, up until yesterday. They would be in a good rhythm, somebody would drop a third down pass that hits them in the hands and it takes them a while to get back into rhythm. Penalties were another issue when it came to that.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

The problem with this board is that they don't see the difference between a dropped ball and a stripped pass. A lot of those balls that many think Boldi has dropped have actually been stripped from him/knocked out. Many of them being really hard ones to grip hold of. I haven't seen Boldin drop any passes at all in terms of a pass to hands type pass/when he's been open.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    really? I have one of those too
    I know.... I just think it's funny whena commentator or announcer of what have you, says "He's out with a knee" or "he's out with a shoulder"

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The problem with this board is that they don't see the difference between a dropped ball and a stripped pass. A lot of those balls that many think Boldi has dropped have actually been stripped from him/knocked out. Many of them being really hard ones to grip hold of. I haven't seen Boldin drop any passes at all in terms of a pass to hands type pass/when he's been open.
    I disagree with your characterization of the board and Boldin not having as many dropped passes.

I think this board knows full well the difference between a drop and a strip. We have to go no further than the end of last season and to the numerous discussions over the Lee Evans drop to see that.

And Boldin himself has acknowledged the drops he's had this year.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Well, allow me to clarify what I mean. The official dropped pass stat the NFL keeps is not what I am referring to. When I see a player drop a pass that SHOULD be caught. Contact from another plyer can or can not occur, but if it is a pass that I think a pro receiver should hang on to. It is subjective, but most people know what it is. The ball Torry lost in the end zone yesterday is an example of one that I don't count as a drop. The defender had a significant roll in him not making the catch. Q has had several this year though, that he should have caught and he knows it.

at least its just a bruise, we would have found out by "sources" if it was anything more. He was going to sit this week anyway.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    There's been a lot of critics of Boldin on this board the last few weeks and people saying he can't catch. He sure could catch yesterday. He's not a big TD guy but he sure can move the chains when used effectively.
    I've criticized him. He didn't look like Boldin the previous several weeks. Defenders were out-muscling Boldin to the ball, and that's always been his game. He's never had the speed to run away from defenders. He used his size and body to block them out and catch the football.

Boldin looked like Boldin of old out there yesterday, however. That seam route where he broke tackles to get us a first down on a 3rd and 18 was vintage Boldin. He's always been like a running back cut loose in the secondary when he catches the ball...until he became part of the Cameron offense.

The guy has half a Lowes Home Improvement store in his neck. Grab some bungee cords, drywall screws, and some duct tape and that "shoulder bruise" will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    I've criticized him. He didn't look like Boldin the previous several weeks. Defenders were out-muscling Boldin to the ball, and that's always been his game. He's never had the speed to run away from defenders. He used his size and body to block them out and catch the football.

Boldin looked like Boldin of old out there yesterday, however. That seam route where he broke tackles to get us a first down on a 3rd and 18 was vintage Boldin. He's always been like a running back cut loose in the secondary when he catches the ball...until he became part of the Cameron offense.
    The Cameron offense of "fuck it, we're going deep" every other player didn't fit his style. Notice how against the Giants we were content with a 5 yard completion? We only went deep but a few times, and that is how it should be! I think with the return of common sense to our offense Boldin will finish strong this season.

Boldin can go deep from the 30 yard line to the end zone but is not a "deep" threat as far as the long bomb. His 5-15 yard catches fit him perfect esp if he can run after and if they move the chains.

OT: remember the old billick plays when we ran an 7 yard out on 3rd and 10? lol. Boldin runs those plays but on 3rd and 5.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    The Cameron offense of "fuck it, we're going deep" every other player didn't fit his style. Notice how against the Giants we were content with a 5 yard completion? We only went deep but a few times, and that is how it should be! I think with the return of common sense to our offense Boldin will finish strong this season.
    Thank you! I even liked this when the receivers went out deep, and Flacco said "Bazinga!" and checked down to Rice for a nice gain.