Thread: Jimmy Smith...

Jimmy Smith...

Did he even play any snaps on defense? He was active, but has no statistical events credited in the ESPN game book (tackles, etc.)

I don't recall seeing him in coverage even once. The top 3 CBs were Williams-Graham-C. Brown and I didn't see #22 involved in any plays on the telecast. Anyone have any idea?

If he's been benched in favor of Chykie Brown, that's kinda noteworthy... especially as I think Brown played fairly well today. Could our 1st round pick last year fall to 4th on the depth chart?

Last week both Harbaugh and Jimmy said that he wasn't as quick as they needed him to be, my guess is that it was similar to Haloti against the Raiders where he'd only play if they needed him too. I think he got some kick off work in though.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Jimmy Smith...

I agree that they are working him back as a groin is a tough injury to come back from and it takes on field work to get back and that is what they are doing. I believe his snap count will increase vs CIN as we will be resting players and it is a good test for him with nohting to lose.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Last week both Harbaugh and Jimmy said that he wasn't as quick as they needed him to be, my guess is that it was similar to Haloti against the Raiders where he'd only play if they needed him too. I think he got some kick off work in though.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

That's what got him injured in his first pro start.

Do you think there's a chance they move Graham to the #1 receiver? He's been playing pretty nice for a few weeks now.

6. Re: Jimmy Smith...

Graham is what is going to make Cary expendable IMO. Chykie really impressed me today. Granted, he's still a young CB who makes mistakes, but he's a physical guy, he jams WR's, tackles well. I really like him, and I couldn't say that at the start of the season. Jimmy Smith has dealt with some nagging injuries in his first two seasons, it's been tough for him. I hope that he's as healthy as possible going into the postseason because we definitely can use him. I know he can be inconsistent and can get fooled on some double moves, but he's a young CB. I don't think we can give up on him. He's got a lot of physical ability. The one guy I didn't see much of was Chris Johnson, was he inactive?