Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Will Reed get suspended? I suspect so

Also, I remember the last time he was suspended the ruling came out Monday and when a player is fined for a foul (not suspended) that ruling comes out later in the week,

The reason being is the player needs time to appeal if he wants to and has 3 days from the time of the suspension to appeal.

I am leaning towrds him not being suspended as they would have done it today especially with the league offices most likely closed on Tuesday.

Plus this hit is nothing close to the one on sanders which was much more obivious. no intent of head to head to a blow to the head but way more clear where here its hard to tell if he even made contact with the head and if it was actually Eds hit that made Cruz hit the ground.

Blog Entries
    Ed Reed fined $55K for that BS hit....

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post

provided link

55k hosreshit!

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Absolute BS!

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Absolute BS!
    Read the comments in the PFT article to see most neutral fans agreed.

I believe that the league office also knows it was a BS call, but couldn't stand pat or else it would have been an admission of the horrible officiating in the Giants game. Therefore, the relatively light fine + no suspension.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

total horseshit..... he should demand the paychecks of the moronic officiating crew that botched that and other calls......

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Hope he appeals it. If he loses, call Vilma lawyer, he'll know how to handle it. If a class action lawsuit suddenly appears, I think the NFL finally gives some clarification on these shoulder hits that have been happening lately. Was there a fine for the hit on Davis in the 49ers game?

Blog Entries
    If I was a db I'd be taking out people's knees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What really ticks me off is if the league felt it was helmet to helmet or something intentional, they would have suspended Reed since he's been put on notice for prior hits. By not issuing a suspension, that tells me that when they looked at it, it was CLEARLY a good, legitimate hit in their eyes too. If it's a good hit, there should be no suspension OR fine. I feel bad for Reed being unjustly penalized.

I believe the NFL is trying to get the money they wanted in the new Cba with all the fines.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    What really ticks me off is if the league felt it was helmet to helmet or something intentional, they would have suspended Reed since he's been put on notice for prior hits. By not issuing a suspension, that tells me that when they looked at it, it was CLEARLY a good, legitimate hit in their eyes too. If it's a good hit, there should be no suspension OR fine. I feel bad for Reed being unjustly penalized.
    No, the NFL doesn't want hard hits no matter if they're "legal" or not. If a player is slow to get up after a hit, a penalty and fine is coming no matter where or how the hit was delivered. The NFL wants hug tackles. This is why they made NFL Network eliminate the "Jacked Up" segments that they used to have.