The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Did game plans change this week?

Not sure I know diddly about what the coaches do or do not do re: looking at opponents and changing up what the O, D, and Special teams do, but I felt like I saw the Ravens doing some "different" stuff this week in various situations - Flacco and the passing game picking on Webster to make big plays, the backfield man in motion working his way across the O-line and then shifting backwards, the D timing certain guys on blitzes, etc. Nothing I can articulate well, but there seemed to be some things going on this week that suggest the coaches said, "We gotta switch up on some stuff if we expect to win, and then win in the playoffs."

Re: Did game plans change this week?

I saw passes down the seam, some of them looked like timing routes as opposed to the Cam Cameron "fuck it, go deep" variety.

D was way more aggressive, seemed to blitz early and often. O used the middle of the field, focused on getting the ball in Ray's hands, spread out the defense with 5 wide on a goal line situation (the TD to Torrey over the middle). I was very happy with what I saw - this was the big change I think everyone was expecting last week. I guess Caldwell didn't have enough time to prep for last weeks game.

And like PGCountyRaven pointed out, the routes were more timed, and we weren't doing the "fuck it go deep" every other play. We seemed to be content with the 6, 8, or 10 yard completions for the most part.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

PG and RD-
    Agree with what you guys say you saw.

I was blown away with how they picked on Webster virtually the whole game. Can't recall the last time I watched a game where it felt like Cameron had assessed the opponent's D and said, "Okay, boys, we're going to work a lot on exploiting [insert potential weak link player's name here]." One of the things I see posted a lot on here is how the game plans - for the O, the D, and special teams - just don't seem to be "with it" when it comes to exploiting various opponents. I felt like I saw that today from the Ravens, in triplicate...