Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I would like to see another DC matchup. But we will most likely host them for a preseason... What a waste of a ticket! If its the preseason RGIII will only play a soft quarter.
    I went to the Detroit preseason and Calvin Johnson only played a quarter as well...

Hopefully they will faze out preseason...

Re: 2013 Raven's Schedule is set

Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    I would like to see another DC matchup. But we will most likely host them for a preseason....
    I assume that "DC" means the team from Landover, Maryland. The Redskins moved out of DC after the 1996 season. The Ravens christened Jack Kent Crook's new stadium with the home team's first loss in 1997.

The Ravens will host the Raljon guys in 2016, then return to stadium across the road from the Landover Mall in 2020.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    Nope, Detroit'll be playing NFC this T-giving day. Always why the Ravens weren't able to play on T-giving as they never matched up to Dallas or Detroit in the rotation until the NFL introduced the night time game.
    Main article: List of Thanksgiving Classic broadcasters
    Starting in 2012, all three broadcast networks with NFL rights will carry a game each. The first game, which has a 12:30 p.m. start, must carry an AFC team as the visitors, as CBS, which airs that game, carries the rights to the AFC. The second game, which has a 4:30 p.m. start, must have an NFC team as the visitors, as Fox, which airs that game, carries the rights to the NFC. The third game, in primetime with a 8:30 p.m. start, can feature either conference as the visitors, and it is seen on NBC.

The NFL on Dial Global holds national radio broadcast rights to all three games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving_Classic

Since it was AFC/ Det this year they may switch to all NFC. Wash/Dal was this years. Should be AFC/Dal next year. When was the last time we played the Jets in NJ?? They were here last unless that was the 2nd place schedule game.

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Since it was AFC/ Det this year they may switch to all NFC. Wash/Dal was this years. Should be AFC/Dal next year. When was the last time we played the Jets in NJ?? They were here last unless that was the 2nd place schedule game.
    We opened up on MNF against the Jets at the new Meadowlands stadium in 2010 and won a low scoring game. 10-7 or something like that.. That would have been the last divisional rotation game. Then they played here in 2011 as a 2nd place matchup game. The 2013 game is back to divisional rotation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    We opened up on MNF against the Jets at the new Meadowlands stadium in 2010 and won a low scoring game. 10-7 or something like that.. That would have been the last divisional rotation game. Then they played here in 2011 as a 2nd place matchup game. The 2013 game is back to divisional rotation.
    That was a great game, I remember it well, we won 10-9. Such a tight hard hitting game by two great defenses (at the time). Who can forget about that huge hit Ray dished out to Dustin Keller!?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    That was a great game, I remember it well, we won 10-9. Such a tight hard hitting game by two great defenses (at the time). Who can forget about that huge hit Ray dished out to Dustin Keller!?
    And that hit is the very reason why Keller ran out of bounds one yard shy of the first down on a 4th down play, dude heard footsteps LOL

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Just curious as to how you know for sure that the Ravens couldn't be Detroit's opponent on Thanksgiving day?
    Because Detroit has just played an AFC team - they lost to Houston. Dallas and Detroit alternate each year in who plays the AFC. This upcoming year will be Dallas' turn. Usually, at least given recent history, it means the Lions have another chance to lose to the Packers on T-giving day (since the turn of the millennium, Det has played GB everytime bar once for their NFC turn).

AFC North doesn't have a chance at playing on T-giving against either of these teams due to a schedule quirk therefore relying on the 3rd game to have a shot at playing. The AFC East gets two bites at playing on T-giving day.

As the Ravens just played there, I wouldn't bet on seeing them on that day again for a while unless they alter the rotation.

It seems to me like New England/Baltimore/Denver/Houston will make for a nice four-way rivalry these next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    It seems to me like New England/Baltimore/Denver/Houston will make for a nice four-way rivalry these next few years.
    Houston, sure. I don't give NE / Denver much more time as their qbs are ancient. They'll have to be real lucky to replace them wi similar quality.
    Colts/Baltimore might be a good one.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Because Detroit has just played an AFC team - they lost to Houston. Dallas and Detroit alternate each year in who plays the AFC. This upcoming year will be Dallas' turn. Usually, at least given recent history, it means the Lions have another chance to lose to the Packers on T-giving day (since the turn of the millennium, Det has played GB everytime bar once for their NFC turn).

AFC North doesn't have a chance at playing on T-giving against either of these teams due to a schedule quirk therefore relying on the 3rd game to have a shot at playing. The AFC East gets two bites at playing on T-giving day.

As the Ravens just played there, I wouldn't bet on seeing them on that day again for a while unless they alter the rotation.
    Thanks for clarifying. I wasn't aware that there was some kind of rotation in place

Great! I really hate having the Ravens being scheduled on Thursdays.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).