Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oher is a bum

Blog Entries

Re: Oher is a bum

Yep I agree, it's all on McKinnie. Sorry don't believe in the "doghouse", I will say that MAYBE Harb's will sit a guy if he's not playing up to potential, like what Ellerbe got early last year. But McKinnie is such a lazy turd he can't beat out one of the worst LT's in the game. THIS is all on him, PERIOD.

That being said they need to move Oher to LG and figure out somethin to do with LT this offseason. And next year leyt that be the deciding factor on whether or not to give him even a small contract. If he can play well and will take mid grade guard/tackle money that would be a win win for all.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    i cant believe that McKinnie can be worse than this bum...even troy pointed out that its easy to beat this guy just push him back and make an inside move and you get to the qb.
    also the Wpenalties/mental mistakes are inexcusable in week 16.
    Like it was mentioned the false start was an awful call. Oher is not the one who came into camp 25lbs overweight. Harbaugh can't reward bad behavior and Mckinnie is the poster child for "bad behavior". With all of his off the field woes, the Ravens have been pretty protective on his behalf. He should be grateful.

That series with Oher's 3 penalties was actually 1 penalty & 2 BS calls. He didn't have a false start & he blocked the defender low prior to Reid touching the same defender. As said earlier, if he didn't hold, Flacco would've gotten nailed. I will say, however, that if he held on any longer, he looked like he was engaging the Hemlich.

As for McKinnie, what's going on? Isn't the money he's getting sued for by the strip clubs more than his salary? Also, if he is a lazy practice player, why not fine him to get his butt in gear? Didn't the Cards fine Darnell Dockett 6 figures for insubordination regarding letting the other team score so they could get the ball back. I would think that threatening a guy with fines when he's so far in the hole might motivate him. I'm wondering if there's something else going on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Here we go again. The problem is there is no fire under McKinnie's ass to begin with. If Oher is such a bum, why can't McKinnie beat him out?

Oh let me guess... the doghouse. Harbs would rather lose than use the better player. RIGHT. Got it.
    McKiney has some work ethnic probs and JO said last week he must not be hitting the weight room the way he should.

JO said with the way Oher is faltering McKinnie should be in shape to go to HARBs and say I'm ready to take over but he can't say that yet
    cause he's not.

Yes, there is a dog house and his weight got him there which is how we got him to begin with when Minn cut him.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

AF--
    "McKiney has some work ethnic probs..."

I know what you meant, and I agree with what you meant, but that's probably an unfortunate typo...;)

iggyman555 Guest

im just nervous having oher protect flacco in the playoffs vs freeny, mathis, dunlap, geathers, denver boys, texans d line...just wish we saw big mac play for at least a few series

7. Re: Oher is a bum

Quote Originally Posted by rjslomo View Post
    That series with Oher's 3 penalties was actually 1 penalty & 2 BS calls. He didn't have a false start & he blocked the defender low prior to Reid touching the same defender. As said earlier, if he didn't hold, Flacco would've gotten nailed.
    It was a false start. Watch again, he twitches his shoulder. That makes the defender go, then Oher reacts once the defender jumps forward but it started with Oher moving his shoulder.

8. Re: Oher is a bum

I must say Oher's really looked pedestrian as of late. I thought he was playing well at the beginning of the season, but since has faltered off. I think he has the quickness to play at LT, but perhaps it's his size? I know he's quick to get back in pass protection, yet sometimes he still gets beat. I think he's a formidable OL, but that he's clearly playing out of position. With that said, they really have no one else besides McKinnie and he just hasn't steeped up to the plate. It makes it frustrating, in my opinion, to even keep him around. I hope that Caldwell can find ways to get the ball out of Flacco's hand and keep the defense guessing like he did today.

I definitely believe fully we have to find ourselves a capable LT, especially if you're going to move forward and pay Joe as your guy. I don't know if that will be a veteran (like a Jake Long? Although they'd have to really clear some serious space for him) or bringing in a LT via the draft (although there may be none by the time we pick), but we definitely need a solution there. I don't know how Jah Reid is grading out, hopefully he can be our starting LG for the future because LT and C are big holes going into next season IMO.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Here we go again. The problem is there is no fire under McKinnie's ass to begin with. If Oher is such a bum, why can't McKinnie beat him out?

Oh let me guess... the doghouse. Harbs would rather lose than use the better player. RIGHT. Got it.
    I think McKinnie's ass is immune to fire. Otherwise, he'd've been feeling the heat to get some of that incentive money. He's broke.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    AF--
    "McKiney has some work ethnic probs..."

I know what you meant, and I agree with what you meant, but that's probably an unfortunate typo...;)
    LOL - Someone must have double spiked my Christmas cheer or I need new glasses or both!

Quote Originally Posted by batman55 View Post
    I see your point.... Oher does get beat an awful lot... Seems like he can't slide off his initial block to well to pick up the secondary blitzes
    Oher is much better as a right tackle and seems to get beat consistently as a left tackle. He is a much better run blocker than a pass blocker and can't seem to adjust to the different angles of pass rushers.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Yep I agree, it's all on McKinnie. Sorry don't believe in the "doghouse", I will say that MAYBE Harb's will sit a guy if he's not playing up to potential, like what Ellerbe got early last year. But McKinnie is such a lazy turd he can't beat out one of the worst LT's in the game. THIS is all on him, PERIOD.

That being said they need to move Oher to LG and figure out somethin to do with LT this offseason. And next year leyt that be the deciding factor on whether or not to give him even a small contract. If he can play well and will take mid grade guard/tackle money that would be a win win for all.
    :word
    Sent from my Linux workstation.