Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Props To Caldwell

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    The pass to Rice over the middle where he was the first option not the final checkdown.
    Something I don't think I have ever seen before.
    Rice has been primary receiver, but those were screens.... I can't ever remember seeing him first read out in the pattern (wonder who the second option was?)

I also thought I saw a true draw.

Saw motion (looked like real close to moving forward/not being set a full second) but Joe was getting pre-snap zone/man indications.

I can truthfully say that a number of times I didn't have an inkling about what was coming, started out feeling like I did and wrong, and wrong and wrong....

Next thing I want to see mixing in is stacks/bunched WR a little bit. I'm guessing we were one of the few (or only?) team that didn't use it from time to time.

And the O contributed mightily to the D's effectiveness 39:21 TO 20:39, no wonder Haloti looked like a beast late in the game.... he still had some Royal Farms fried chicken in his tank :p
    They should save 1/2 of it for the playoffs.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    They were working at the highest speed I have ever seen from our offense.
    Caldwell has a big mojo.
    And despite an "up tempo" game, we finally won the TOP battle by a whopping 19 minutes.

iggyman555 Guest

well done mr caldwell...wish cam was fired sooner, idiot harbage kept him too long, the same bs is going on with moeller
    p.s. i also blame the penalties on harbage too
    Last edited by iggyman555; 12-24-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Blog Entries

That was not soley the air croyell system, there was some west coast flavor in it go back to some of those over the middle passes, recievers were drawing coverage away from other recievers some sort of rub play or a variation of. I got laughed at a week ago when i sad " wy don't they take some of those from delware Joe used to run and infuse it at the NFL" some posters were like "Oh that was delware those plays wont work in the NFL" well now did you see that option read? those hot route plays? I am not claiming to study film or none of that crap but those where from Joe's delware days. go look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Maybe you a reading to much into that. Caldwell sits in the booth. Coaches in the booth have to call the play down to the coach on the sideline, who calls it into the QB. In essence Hostler is the middle man between Flacco and Caldwell.
    I think he means when Caldwell was offered the OC job, he suggested Hostler.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    That was not soley the air croyell system, there was some west coast flavor in it go back to some of those over the middle passes, recievers were drawing coverage away from other recievers some sort of rub play or a variation of. I got laughed at a week ago when i sad " wy don't they take some of those from delware Joe used to run and infuse it at the NFL" some posters were like "Oh that was delware those plays wont work in the NFL" well now did you see that option read? those hot route plays? I am not claiming to study film or none of that crap but those where from Joe's delware days. go look it up.
    No it's still air coryell. Troy Aikman was even calling out specific plays that he was familiar with. Just because the offense isn't hurp derp 9 routes and flip 3 coins in the air with Cam doesn't mean that this offense isn't still doing Coryell things like motions and exploiting Corey Webster.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    The pass to Rice over the middle where he was the first option not the final checkdown.
    Something I don't think I have ever seen before.
    Rice has been primary receiver, but those were screens.... I can't ever remember seeing him first read out in the pattern (wonder who the second option was?)
    The Ravens ran a similar play, but around the right tackle, against the Steelers a few years back. I don't remember which game exactly, however. I recall it picked up quite a few yards- a big play.

What i like most about the playcalling was the patience, we ran the ball alot but it never felt we were over running it and he was patient enough to take the 2 yard and 3 yards gains because he was confident he could call something on 3rd and medium yards to extend the drive. The screen to Jacoby was a nice touch, the pass to Rice for the TD as well as splitting him out more, the couple times he moved the pocket as well as the play action i think helped to keep the G-Men off balance. I think Caldwell is just gonna continue to get better and i for one am rooting that he continues and keeps the job. Him and Joe seem to have a really good working relationship and i like his temperment as well as his understanding of patience in play calling. Imagine an offseason of work where him and Joe can just bounce ideas off of each other, the continuity and the responsibility would do wonders for Joe's overall game. Thats provided he can keep it up obviously.

It was a true balanced attack, and not against some patsy opponent. While the Giants aren't one of the best this year they are still a playoff caliber opponent.

The whole team played well.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Blog Entries

You have people saying that Peyton ran that offense in Indianapolis and you have Peyton saying that Jim Caldwell took his game to another level, and that he still uses many of Caldwell's training techniques to this day. Who the hell am I listening to?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

12. Re: Props To Caldwell

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    No it's still air coryell. Troy Aikman was even calling out specific plays that he was familiar with. Just because the offense isn't hurp derp 9 routes and flip 3 coins in the air with Cam doesn't mean that this offense isn't still doing Coryell things like motions and exploiting Corey Webster.
    Thanks to years of Cam, a lot of Ravens fans are gonna think the AC is supposed to be nothing but herp derp 9 & out routes, with TE up the seam & backs in the flat as the checkdowns.
    Can has ruined the football IQ's of millions of Ravens fans the world over!