Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Props To Caldwell

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    They picked on Webster with about three different WRs. Cameron wouldn't have even picked on him with one.
    Exactly. That's what good O coordinators do. They find weaknesses and they exploit it. They play to their own strengths and design plays that put their players in a position to be successful. Cameron didn't seem to understand that concept.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Most refreshing day from the team as a whole since opening day for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    Oher was not good today, a weakness on an otherwise really good day by the offense.
    I agree. They need to address this in the off season. IMO Mckinney is going to have to play his way back into the lineup. He obviously has not shown his coaches that he wants to be the starting LT on this team.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Caldwell clearly had these guys ready to play.

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    What an awesome game plan by Caldwell. It was obvious that they were going after Corey Webster from the beginning. Good mix of run and pass, and spreading the ball around. I also gotta give Flacco props for executing the game plan to perfection.

And while I'm spreading the love around, the D also played their asses off. Awesome game all around for the ravens.
    Who would have though that the Ravens would have some imagination with play calling. Great job today by the offense and defense and let's hope that this will be lead to better results in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Exactly. That's what good O coordinators do. They find weaknesses and they exploit it. They play to their own strengths and design plays that put their players in a position to be successful. Cameron didn't seem to understand that concept.
    This. Sweet Jesus, this.
    Been screaming this for 3 seasons now.

Cammie would have rather stubbornly stick to his unimaginative game plan. He was so fundamentally flawed in his philosophy...it was just baffling how much rope the FO gave him.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    But i though Caldwell couldnt call plays because he never did in Indy. ;)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Did anyone catch Aikman/Buck mention that Caldwell, when told he was going to call plays, suggested Hostler first?

Not sure if that's a good sign (humility) or a bad one...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

That was a very well called game that went with good execution.

Very happy.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Did anyone catch Aikman/Buck mention that Caldwell, when told he was going to call plays, suggested Hostler first?

I thought I heard it wrong, that was odd

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post

Maybe you a reading to much into that. Caldwell sits in the booth. Coaches in the booth have to call the play down to the coach on the sideline, who calls it into the QB. In essence Hostler is the middle man between Flacco and Caldwell.

Ain't it interesting what a new Offensive Coordinator can do? Sheesh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Open receivers! Haven't seen that since....forever!
    Amazing what happens when you mix it up and don't have your receivers all running the same routes.