Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

What made the difference?

Better OL?

Failing D on the opposing side?

Finally getting our balls back?

What finally kicked us into overdrive?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries
    OL was great today.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: What made the difference?

they were not going to lose another game especially at home. And it helped that they weren't playing Denver ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

It was attitude. Last week the team seemed so fragile that at the slightest bit of adversity they folded. This week when the Giants came back from 14 down to make it 14-7 it could have happened again. The attitude of the team was completely different though. They weren't letting that happen at home this time.

There was a real intensity on defense and some more creativity on offense. Receivers made contested catches. Runners ran through the tightest of holes. Different attitude got back the same old results at home

Blog Entries

On defense?

Dannell Ellerbe

On offense?

Much bette production out of the run game, Oline stepped up and dominated. If they can do that in the play offs, we're going to be a scary team. Flacco looks like a top 5 QB when we can run the ball that well. BUT THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING WE SHOULD HAVE DONE ALL ALONG!

Also, nice seeing them getting the ball in Rice's hands on third downs this week

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It was attitude. Last week the team seemed so fragile that at the slightest bit of adversity they folded. This week when the Giants came back from 14 down to make it 14-7 it could have happened again. The attitude of the team was completely different though. They weren't letting that happen at home this time.

There was a real intensity on defense and some more creativity on offense. Receivers made contested catches. Runners ran through the tightest of holes. Different attitude got back the same old results at home
    Good point.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Playcalling. People were expecting Caldwell to change the offense in 6 days. Look at the plays he called today. Things we haven't seen all year long. Short slants, rubs, hell a WR screen! Things that got the ball out of Joe's hand faster, and as a result he got in a rhythm and was accurate. They rolled him out and moved the pocket when needed. That opened up holes for Rice and Pearce to run through, and they bounced outside when needed.

Caldwell put the offense in position to succeed, and the players responded.

Blog Entries

There are still some things that need to be worked on. However, I saw more creativity on offense, as GOTA did, and I saw some different blitzes by Dean Pees. He still, in my opinion, plays the CBs too far back. However, that might have worked in his favor against the Giants, because they like to go deep and are impatient.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

3 things- Play calling on both sides of the ball- Great OL play- Attitude

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Playcalling. People were expecting Caldwell to change the offense in 6 days. Look at the plays he called today. Things we haven't seen all year long. Short slants, rubs, hell a WR screen! Things that got the ball out of Joe's hand faster, and as a result he got in a rhythm and was accurate. They rolled him out and moved the pocket when needed. That opened up holes for Rice and Pearce to run through, and they bounced outside when needed.

Caldwell put the offense in position to succeed, and the players responded.
    Yes, yes, yes and yes.

Great play calling, excellent execution and a beat up Giants D.

In no particular order.