Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Props To Caldwell

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    The TD pass to Rice summed up well the difference between this offensive play calling and the previous one.
    Yep. And the funny part is that Joe had two options there. Pitta was also wide open next to Rice moving right while Rice moved forward. If Joe didn't like hitting Rice there, Pitta would have been a sure first down too. Imagine that. 2nd and 5, and there guys at the first down marker instead of everyone downfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    The TD pass to Rice summed up well the difference between this offensive play calling and the previous one.
    This. Rice was in a route and not just a checkdown. Got the ball in a good position to run and there you go, a TD.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    This game was won in the film room.
    Yep.

Very enjoyable to watch, this offense was.
    ---

Baltimore Colts (AAFC): 1947-1950
    Baltimore Colts (NFL): 1953-1984
    Baltimore Stars (USFL): 1985
    Baltimore Colts/Stallions (CFL): 1994-1995
    Baltimore Ravens (NFL): 1996-Present

They were working at the highest speed I have ever seen from our offense.
    Caldwell has a big mojo.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

The one thing I saw was a moving pocket. Getting Flacco to move around. That certainly helps with a weak OL.
    Sent from my Linux workstation.

5. Re: Props To Caldwell

This is how the Air Coryell is supposed to be executed.

You should take your shots deep, but only after you've softened up the D with some underneath throws and enough runs SO THE OPPOSING D ISN'T SITTING ON THOSE DEEP ROUTES ALL DAY, CAM CAMERON HOW COULD YOU NOT SEE THAT, geez.

Anyway, congratulations to Caldwell on calling an excellent game--sending receivers to the sticks to pick up 1st downs? Even across the middle of the field? MORE THAN ONCE?!

As Yakov Smirnoff might say: WHAT A CONCEPT!!

That was the third highest offensive output in team history. The other two times came against the 2-14 Rams and the 2-14 Lions so I'd say today's effort holds up pretty well.

Now, I'd say see how it plays on the road and give it a little test drive for a quarter or two before pulling the starters.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Yup and not an end around in sight
    Actually GOTA - didn't i see them kind of set up a fake one somwhere in the game? may be wrong about that...

Blog Entries
    I was convinced flacco could look like this with good play calling. Thankfully Caldwell came to the rescue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ALL OF THE ABOVE, AND MORE! Two weeks into the job, and he has already surpassed Cam in the execution of the play book! Job well done, Mr. Caldwell! Why does this team need a new OC, if this guy continues to perform?!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Gameplan was easy. Every receiver against Corey Webster is a 7-3 matchup though the route combinations seem better thought out.

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    Gameplan was easy. Every receiver against Corey Webster is a 7-3 matchup though the route combinations seem better thought out.
    The route combinations were more thought out because Cameron had no route combinations......Cameron is from the Les Miles/Bo Schembechler school of football. What we saw yesterday was a modern NFL offense.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

The pass to Rice over the middle where he was the first option not the final checkdown.
    Something I don't think I have ever seen before.
    Rice has been primary receiver, but those were screens.... I can't ever remember seeing him first read out in the pattern (wonder who the second option was?)

I also thought I saw a true draw.

Saw motion (looked like real close to moving forward/not being set a full second) but Joe was getting pre-snap zone/man indications.

I can truthfully say that a number of times I didn't have an inkling about what was coming, started out feeling like I did and wrong, and wrong and wrong....

Next thing I want to see mixing in is stacks/bunched WR a little bit. I'm guessing we were one of the few (or only?) team that didn't use it from time to time.

And the O contributed mightily to the D's effectiveness 39:21 TO 20:39, no wonder Haloti looked like a beast late in the game.... he still had some Royal Farms fried chicken in his tank :p
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old