Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: What made the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    :word Dead on Stinger
    The Giants were awful.....that didn't hurt either.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

don't care how awful the Jints were, they were the team on our sched. too bad we couldn't have played the Iggles later in the year.
    I'm real happy with how the new guys produced. Bernard Pierce--breakout game. Arthur Jones contributed, Chykie Brown came up big, and Omar Brown sure proved he was worth the draft pick.
    Oh, wait, he was undrafted adding to the Ozzie legend (Bart Scott, Will Demps, Jameel McClain).
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries
    I really like that we hung on to Omar Brown.

He may never be a starter at safety, but he is nice depth with upside.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    A lot of that started with the OL though. Flacco was able to step up into his passes on most downs.

That made a HUGE difference, on the long pass to Pitta, Joe was pressured from the outside and just climbed that ladder.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post

That made a HUGE difference, on the long pass to Pitta Joe was pressured from the outside and just climbed that ladder.
    Guaranteed that Caldwell had a long talk with Joe about his mechanics. Even the pass to Torrey when he was rolling out tp the left was a beautiful pass that Torrey tried to 1-hand it. Had he used both hands he definitely could have come down with that.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    The Giants were awful.....that didn't hurt either.
    All I heard this week was how the Giants were the better team, and how awesome their pass rush was.

Quote Originally Posted by webbrick2007 View Post
    How about the obvious.

The Giants are pretty bad, they lost to Atlanta 34-0. They are not in Denvers League and are not as good as Washington, and probably on the same level as the Steelers.

We killed a bad team at home, good win but doesn't mean the Ravens are all of a sudden Super Bowl contenders. The Ravens are a 4 seed, should beat the Colts at home and then will lose to whomever they play in the second round.
    Agree about everything except the last. I think we are the team that NO ONE wants to see in round two. Even at our worst we are hard to handle and we will not be at our worst.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    All I heard this week was how the Giants were the better team, and how awesome their pass rush was.
    It's standard fare from a certain breed of fan. All wins are because the other team screwed up, all losses are because we did. The idea that the other team is paid just as much to win doesn't enter into it. Frankly it's tiresome, and becoming painfully common on this board.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    It's standard fare from a certain breed of fan. All wins are because the other team screwed up, all losses are because we did. The idea that the other team is paid just as much to win doesn't enter into it. Frankly it's tiresome, and becoming painfully common on this board.
    Give the Giants at least a little bit of credit. Like you said, they are paid to win also. Not to mention they are the defending SB Champs. Last year this time they were heating up and making a run for it. Nothing says we can't do the same and come at all the "top teams" out of where every pundit puts us.....no where!
    Superman wears Flacco PJ's to bed!....

Ravens players not buying into all the medis saying they would lose and how bad they are. Five losses. two times beat bad, three losing by 3 points or less. The NFl team that most talking heads refuse to acknowledge when they are winning, but jump on the band wagon that says they are over rated win they lose 3 straight.. Five straight playoff appearances( NFL record by the way) with the same HC and a QB from Delaware. Ravens were hurt by injuries all year and still win the division, 10-5 is better then the SB winning giants (9-6) had at the end of 2011.
    How is Brees doing this year along with romo, rodgers, newton,and any other QB that they ballwash alot?

11. Re: What made the difference?

Rodgers is having a great season and the Packers are back in the playoffs.
    Maybe you meant Stafford or Big Ben?
    Overall, your point is valid and I agree with it.